The Student Room Group

Thread for those in psychiatric hospital

Hello!

I am currently in a psychiatric hospital and would really like to chat to others in the same position as me.

If you want you can talk about diagnoses, but only if you feel comfortable doing so.

I hope I can find others in a similar position as me.

Scroll to see replies

I'm not but I feel bad that you have no replies so here you go. I hope you're well!
Reply 2
Original post by riatown
I'm not but I feel bad that you have no replies so here you go. I hope you're well!

I have never been in a psychiatric hospital however I am getting psychiatric treatment for depression and anxiety.I also have autism.What's it like in a psychiatric hospital?
reddit would be a better place for this tbh
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I have never been in a psychiatric hospital however I am getting psychiatric treatment for depression and anxiety.I also have autism.What's it like in a psychiatric hospital?

Absolute **** and should be avoided at all costs.

Ask away if you want to know more.
I wasn't allowed my phone in any of the psychiatric hospitals I've been in. I was so bored. Especially in the one that was like a prison. :no:
Original post by Lostx
Hello!

I am currently in a psychiatric hospital and would really like to chat to others in the same position as me.

If you want you can talk about diagnoses, but only if you feel comfortable doing so.

I hope I can find others in a similar position as me.

What's your daily schedule like?
Reply 8
What's your daily schedule like?

Wake up about 7 to 9

Out of room from 10-2

Back in room 2-4

Out of room 4-7

7 onwards can go wherever you want

Meals: 8 is breakfast
12 is lunch
5 is tea
9 is supper
Original post by Lostx
Wake up about 7 to 9

Out of room from 10-2

Back in room 2-4

Out of room 4-7

7 onwards can go wherever you want

Meals: 8 is breakfast
12 is lunch
5 is tea
9 is supper

When you're not in your room, are you having therapy/sessions?

Jumping in here but NHS psych wards have few OT and therapy sessions. Boredom is horrendous in those places! Especially weekends!
Reply 11

There are no therapy sessions at all. Everyone is left to their own devices. It’s possible to go to the games room but I
don’t find it much fun.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Jumping in here but NHS psych wards have few OT and therapy sessions. Boredom is horrendous in those places! Especially weekends!

Yep!
Original post by Lostx
Yep!

How long have you been in for?
Reply 13
How long have you been in for?

Since May
Original post by Lostx
Since May

Gosh long time! Hoping for discharge soon? What got you in there? Don’t have to answer that if you don’t want :smile:
What illness do you have if you don't mind revealing?What is the food like in the hospital?
Reply 16
Gosh long time! Hoping for discharge soon? What got you in there? Don’t have to answer that if you don’t want :smile:

I don’t see myself getting discharged anytime soon. :frown:
Reply 17
What illness do you have if you don't mind revealing?What is the food like in the hospital?

I have schizophrenia, depression and EUPD, apparently.
Do you share a room or do you have your own?
Sorry to hear. Really wishing you a speedy recovery. X

Quick Reply

Latest