The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE grades

I just received my Cambridge IGCSE grades, and I am not too satisfied.

I'm not sure how Cambridge marks our exams, but I got 76% for English Literature (0486/Option BY) and Cambridge gave me a B for that, yet a B is a 47/100 and an A* is 67/100. Similarly I got an A in Geography (0460/Option BY)(86%) but an A* is 80% and above

Can someone pls explain?
Reply 1
Original post by Astronaut_

I'm not sure how Cambridge marks our exams, but I got 76% for English Literature (0486/Option BY) and Cambridge gave me a B for that, yet a B is a 47/100 and an A* is 67/100. Similarly I got an A in Geography (0460/Option BY)(86%) but an A* is 80% and above

Can someone pls explain?

There are two types of score: raw score and weighted score. Your weighted score in english literature is 76% but your raw score would be less than 76%.

For weighted score, 90%+ is A*, 80% to 90% is A and so on.
Original post by Astronaut_

Can someone pls explain?

I thought the same however, you are looking at your percentage uniform mark. Have a read of this, it might help:
https://www.cambridgeinternational.org/Images/209304-a-guide-to-percentage-uniform-marks.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest