The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Receiving an offer but the uni are denying ut

I’ve applied to cov uni through clearing and had an interview, later in the day phoned to ask what was happening and the guy on the call promised me a place, sent an email to tell me to check track, nothing showing up. Later on in the day received a message from Coventry uni saying I’ve been made an offer and to refer my application, still nothing in track, so I phone the uni and they are denying it was them who sent the email and messages when it was them? Any ideas on what I should do?
Original post by Aneesa101
I’ve applied to cov uni through clearing and had an interview, later in the day phoned to ask what was happening and the guy on the call promised me a place, sent an email to tell me to check track, nothing showing up. Later on in the day received a message from Coventry uni saying I’ve been made an offer and to refer my application, still nothing in track, so I phone the uni and they are denying it was them who sent the email and messages when it was them? Any ideas on what I should do?

Ring them back and show the email and if the answer isnt satisfactory make a complaint.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve rang many times and they’ve said they’re going to get back to me via email on a few occasions but heard nothing, do you think I will get the place which I was meant to be offered?
I’ve rang many times and they’ve said they’re going to get back to me via email on a few occasions but heard nothing, do you think I will get the place which I was meant to be offered?

It really depends, I mean if they have promised a place and cannot hold up to it, you definitely have grounds to complain and try to get them to hold up to it.

However, there are only so many places for student's to be on the course and usually paramedic science fills up quickly because of how popular the course is.

If it is truly full, they may not be able to do anything whether it was promised to you or not. I would try to contact another department in coventry university, who have to been ringing up to now?

Monarch.
Reply 4
Original post by Monarch112
It really depends, I mean if they have promised a place and cannot hold up to it, you definitely have grounds to complain and try to get them to hold up to it.

However, there are only so many places for student's to be on the course and usually paramedic science fills up quickly because of how popular the course is.

If it is truly full, they may not be able to do anything whether it was promised to you or not. I would try to contact another department in coventry university, who have to been ringing up to now?

Monarch.

Yeah, I have the message and email which was sent to me but not the name of the person who promised it me as I forgot. I also missed out on another universities offer as I was expecting to have the offer from Coventry and therefore didn’t go through with the other offer.
I’m ringing the Coventry uni admissions team
Yeah, I have the message and email which was sent to me but not the name of the person who promised it me as I forgot. I also missed out on another universities offer as I was expecting to have the offer from Coventry and therefore didn’t go through with the other offer.
I’m ringing the Coventry uni admissions team

Perhaps fill out this complaints form, might get you somewhere.

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/the-university/key-information/registry/raising-a-concern-or-making-a-complaint/non-students-wanting-to-raise-complaints/

It's a difficult situation. Which email address did you receive the promise from?
Reply 6
Perhaps fill out this complaints form, might get you somewhere.

https://www.coventry.ac.uk/the-university/key-information/registry/raising-a-concern-or-making-a-complaint/non-students-wanting-to-raise-complaints/

It's a difficult situation. Which email address did you receive the promise from?

Thank you for the link. The email was from [email protected]

They probably gave your place to an international student who pays higher fees and then will ignore you via emails.
Reply 8
Original post by lionike123
They probably gave your place to an international student who pays higher fees and then will ignore you via emails.

That’s very stupid of them to promise me a place and then do that, literally messing with my future as I could’ve went to another uni but I chose to go with them

what is the exact wording in the email that you received? does it explicitly say that you will have a place?
Reply 10
what is the exact wording in the email that you received? does it explicitly say that you will have a place?

I’ve attached screenshots of both the email and the text message
(edited 4 years ago)
I’ve attached screenshots of both the email and the text message

There definitely seems to be some major error somewhere. It looks like some automated system hasn't worked properly and the offer never went through on track. That's probably why they are saying it didn't happen because they'll check on track to see if an offer has been made and obviously there hasn't

Have you forwarded the email to them?
Reply 12
There definitely seems to be some major error somewhere. It looks like some automated system hasn't worked properly and the offer never went through on track. That's probably why they are saying it didn't happen because they'll check on track to see if an offer has been made and obviously there hasn't

Have you forwarded the email to them?

Yes I have forwarded them the email, I’ve heard nothing back yet. What do you think that they will say as it’s not exactly my fault, I’ve referred my Application to them
Yes I have forwarded them the email, I’ve heard nothing back yet. What do you think that they will say as it’s not exactly my fault, I’ve referred my Application to them

Did you follow the instructions adding clearing choice to UCAS track removing your firm?
Reply 14
Original post by lionike123
Did you follow the instructions adding clearing choice to UCAS track removing your firm?

I didn’t have any offers to remove any. They’re now saying they haven’t even received my clearing choice which is preventing me from applying anywhere else

All you can do is to wait to see what they say unfortunately, I know it's annoying. Maybe ring them up again and say "hey can you take a look at this email please"

Quick Reply

Latest