The Student Room Group

Resits question

Hi,

If I take the GCSEs resit 1 year programme for college and get the grades I need. Once I complete this course I will be 17, would I then be able to go into sixth form or is sixth form recruitments only for 16 year olds who just left year 11 with good grades?

Hope to get some help.

Regards,
Original post by Conscious9
Hi,

If I take the GCSEs resit 1 year programme for college and get the grades I need. Once I complete this course I will be 17, would I then be able to go into sixth form or is sixth form recruitments only for 16 year olds who just left year 11 with good grades?

Hope to get some help.

Regards,

You can go to 6th form from 16/17. I went to 6th form at 17 so it’s fine
Reply 2
Original post by The Uniqueness
You can go to 6th form from 16/17. I went to 6th form at 17 so it’s fine

Hi, so I can do my resits and then apply for sixth form? Please be 100% sure on your answer as my life depends on it.

(Thank you soo much for your reply)
Hi, so I can do my resits and then apply for sixth form? Please be 100% sure on your answer as my life depends on it.

(Thank you soo much for your reply)

Which subject are you resitting?
Reply 4
Which subject are you resitting?

I revised so hard and still did bad in my main subjects. So I have to resit maths and also science. Basically a college near me offers a 1 year GCSEs resit program where you can resit your maths, English and science. I only need to do maths and science as I passed English.

Would I then be able to leave and go sixth form after my results?
I revised so hard and still did bad in my main subjects. So I have to resit maths and also science. Basically a college near me offers a 1 year GCSEs resit program where you can resit your maths, English and science. I only need to do maths and science as I passed English.

Would I then be able to leave and go sixth form after my results?

You can do that at 6th form as well. Either way, you can still go to 6th form afterwards at 17. 6th form is usually 16 to 19
wait, can you like resit some certain subjects or is it just maths and english
Reply 7
You can do that at 6th form as well. Either way, you can still go to 6th form afterwards at 17. 6th form is usually 16 to 19

Would I be able to get into a sixth form though without maths and science passes? I only passed English Lang, English lit, religious studies
Reply 8
Original post by zackyboi2018
wait, can you like resit some certain subjects or is it just maths and english

Some colleges put you on a program of 1 year where you can do maths English and science. I don’t know about other subjects
Would I be able to get into a sixth form though without maths and science passes? I only passed English Lang, English lit, religious studies

There’s no harm in asking a 6th form if you could retake maths and science and then after passing those, you can see what options are available to study at A-Level/Level 3 BTEC standard meaning that you don’t have to go through the whole application process if you do choose to stay with them after a year. Some people retake their GCSEs at 6th form too

But in terms of doing A-Levels with only 3 GCSEs I doubt they would let you.

Best to call them up and ask so they can offer you support
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 10
Hi,

thanks for for your reply.

when you said I should call up sixth forms to see if I could resit and after that see what’s open to me. Do I ask them if I can resit at their sixth form or do I say if I can resit at college and then visit them.

There’s no harm in asking a 6th form if you could retake maths and science and then after passing those, you can see what options are available to study at A-Level/Level 3 BTEC standard meaning that you don’t have to go through the whole application process if you do choose to stay with them after a year. Some people retake their GCSEs at 6th form too

But in terms of doing A-Levels with only 3 GCSEs I doubt they would let you.

Best to call them up and ask so they can offer you support

Quick Reply

Latest