The Student Room Group

Btec IT

I had my BTEC IT unit 2 database exam today and honestly I think I failed, I have my part B exam tomorrow but that is even harder and I have a feeling I won't do good in that either. Overall right now in IT I have a grade of a merit, if I were to get a U or a near pass in this IT test how would resitting work- would i have to resit the whole of year 12 or would i be able to carry it over to year 13 and resit then (I should get a B in my other subjects so assuming I do good in them)
Reply 1
Original post by faihm
I had my BTEC IT unit 2 database exam today and honestly I think I failed, I have my part B exam tomorrow but that is even harder and I have a feeling I won't do good in that either. Overall right now in IT I have a grade of a merit, if I were to get a U or a near pass in this IT test how would resitting work- would i have to resit the whole of year 12 or would i be able to carry it over to year 13 and resit then (I should get a B in my other subjects so assuming I do good in them)

I definitely failed too and I’m hoping someone’s got the answers to part b oblinr so I can smash it tommo but it’s unlikely. I’m in yesr 13 so it’s tough for me but don’t stress it
Reply 2
Original post by Mruumi10
I definitely failed too and I’m hoping someone’s got the answers to part b oblinr so I can smash it tommo but it’s unlikely. I’m in yesr 13 so it’s tough for me but don’t stress it

Do you know how the resit process works?
If I manage to get B B in my other two subjects would I be able to go into year 13 and retake unit 2 in January or would I have to resit the whole of year 12.
Also, how many tables did you do- I originally did 4 but then changed my mind and did 3; after my test everyone said they got 4 tables
Reply 3
my mate whos done it before said that if I do fail they just predict you a pass and you retake in year 13 is that true?
Reply 4
Original post by faihm
Do you know how the resit process works?
If I manage to get B B in my other two subjects would I be able to go into year 13 and retake unit 2 in January or would I have to resit the whole of year 12.
Also, how many tables did you do- I originally did 4 but then changed my mind and did 3; after my test everyone said they got 4 tables

Firshlt u resit it in year 13 and I’m sure u get another 2 chances and also there were 4 tables and the 4th was a composite key but my issue was data duplication so yh
Reply 5
Firshlt u resit it in year 13 and I’m sure u get another 2 chances and also there were 4 tables and the 4th was a composite key but my issue was data duplication so yh

so if i do fail this unit 2 exam and get a U etc but get a B B in my other subjects I will still be able to go into year 13 but would just have to retake the exam on top of year 13 tests, sorry for asking the same question but just a bit confused.
Reply 6
Original post by faihm
so if i do fail this unit 2 exam and get a U etc but get a B B in my other subjects I will still be able to go into year 13 but would just have to retake the exam on top of year 13 tests, sorry for asking the same question but just a bit confused.

Yes you would just have to retake the exam u failed I’m pretty sure
Reply 7
Original post by faihm

I just looked at the messages and no joke i think i definitely screwed up the exam, no joke this exam was really bad i struggled with everything. I saw a lot of resit questions, and all i knew is that you can resit once you have done the exam, so like i did my exam in January and got a pass in it, but still wanted to give it another go. So my teacher said that I can do it this year like todays or in y13 during January. so the main point is that you can resit once
Reply 8
Original post by ConfusedJK
I just looked at the messages and no joke i think i definitely screwed up the exam, no joke this exam was really bad i struggled with everything. I saw a lot of resit questions, and all i knew is that you can resit once you have done the exam, so like i did my exam in January and got a pass in it, but still wanted to give it another go. So my teacher said that I can do it this year like todays or in y13 during January. so the main point is that you can resit once

Yeh same here I definitely failed and part b is even harder so i'm done for. Even if you did do really bad this time you still have the pass just in case. So were you in year 12 and you got a pass then decided to resit or did you do it in year 13 January and resit today?
Reply 9
Same lmao I fuked it up so bad and I need to smash part b for a chance at a merit but ehhh idk i jus need the damn paper from someone’s who’s finished it all

Original post by ConfusedJK
Reply 10
Same lmao I fuked it up so bad and I need to smash part b for a chance at a merit but ehhh idk i jus need the damn paper from someone’s who’s finished it all

doubt we will but pls let me know if u manage to find the answer
Reply 11

na part b is going to be released tomorrow, must just gonna look at other past paper question and how they did the reports and that is all I'm gonna do, like so much want to give up
Reply 12

How was part B?
Original post by faihm

yeah ngl the database exam is a mess man. they barely teach u well enough to get more than a pass. my teacher couldnt even tell me what to do when i asked him about the end of paper stuff. i did manage to get a merit in it tho so im very happy with that lol
Original post by faihm
Yeh same here I definitely failed and part b is even harder so i'm done for. Even if you did do really bad this time you still have the pass just in case. So were you in year 12 and you got a pass then decided to resit or did you do it in year 13 January and resit today?

no i did my exam in January y12 and the resit it in May y12, as i didn't want to keep it for y13, so I just did it in y12

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending