The Student Room Group

Barclays smart investor or Interactive investor?

Barclays smart investor or Interactive investor? Which do you use? Which do you think is better, for shares or investments?
Original post by CelaenSardothien
Barclays smart investor or Interactive gimp freejobalert notepad++ investor? Which do you use? Which do you think is better, for shares or investments?

I am also stuck on this question. Help is appreciated

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Oliver
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
I use Barclays Smart Investor. Having my investment accounts showing in my online banking app is handy.
They are broadly comparable, I believe. The obvious choice is the one that either offers a service that is very important to you, or the one that offers the lowest charges for you. In my case, the charges are considerable lower with ii, so that is where my investments are.

You should consider:

Range of investments offered - funds, ETFs, equities - how many of each - the discounts offered ion intiial charges for funds. I suspectii offers the bigger range

Charges - recurring annual charges (fixed or percentage), dealing costs, inclusive deals. Costs will favour Barclays for small invester, and ii for those with a larger portfolio

Services - access to research, quality of service generally, specific offerings
Original post by Good bloke
They are broadly comparable, I believe. The obvious choice is the one that either offers a service that is very important to you, or the one that offers the lowest charges for you. In my case, the charges are considerable lower with ii, so that is where my investments are.

You should consider:

Range of investments offered - funds, ETFs, equities - how many of each - the discounts offered ion intiial charges for funds. I suspectii offers the bigger range

Charges - recurring annual charges (fixed or percentage), dealing costs, inclusive deals. Costs will favour Barclays for small invester, and ii for those with a larger portfolio

Services - access to research, quality of service generally, specific offerings

Thank you so much!
Trading account and Stock and Shares ISA? Which is better? Advantages and Disadvantages? Is it better to have a Shares ISA due to the £20,000 allowance or is it better to open both accounts?
Original post by CelaenSardothien
Trading account and Stock and Shares ISA? Which is better? Advantages and Disadvantages? Is it better to have a Shares ISA due to the £20,000 allowance or is it better to open both accounts?

Well, I have three accounts: ISA, trading and SIPP. The trading account is obviously for investments that are not yet inside the shelter of the ISA. If you are just starting and don't have loads of investments sitting around then an ISA (and possibly a SIPP if you have your eye on the long future) is all you need. You'll pay tax on income in the trading account if it is above your personal dividend allowance (currently £2,000) and on its capital gains if they are above £12,000 annually. You can take nothing out of a SIPP for a very long time, of course.

With ii they can be linked to share the dealing allowance and there is only one set of fees to pay between the trading account and the ISA. I can't speak for anyone else.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by MattEdmunds
What is the best account for the beginners?

Freetrade

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending