The Student Room Group

BGF assessment centre

Hello! I found out today I got through to BGF's AC, was wondering if anyone has been to one previously and could offer any advice? I am applying for a non-investors summer internship role, Marketing and communications.

Thank you so much if anyone can help
Reply 1
Original post by abbbbbb.
Hello! I found out today I got through to BGF's AC, was wondering if anyone has been to one previously and could offer any advice? I am applying for a non-investors summer internship role, Marketing and communications.

Thank you so much if anyone can help
Hi!
Have you had your AC? I’ve got mine for research/intelligence and as yours was for marketing these are both non investor role so wondered how your AC was structured and how it went?
Reply 2
Original post by elliexlou
Hi!
Have you had your AC? I’ve got mine for research/intelligence and as yours was for marketing these are both non investor role so wondered how your AC was structured and how it went?
Hey! Yes I have had my AC, it was quite straight forward compared to the other ones I have done before. I was late as I had to fly in so missed some of it (first 45 minutes).

the structure:

introduction (lunch included, lots of pret food and they have a great snack bar, networking opportunity to meet staff from hr and your department)

interview round 1

interview round 2

There were no group exercises for us which was quite different!

I think it went quite well, as marketing is something i am very passionate about so i found answering the competency and motivational questions very straight forward.

I do not really know much about research/intelligence but I would really advise you to practice the document they provided! Also the other candidates at the AC were also really nice, defo recommend staying in contact with them! It was the smallest one i have been to (only 4 of us?!)

If you have the time, ask the team if you can have an office tour! their office is quite small but it is very unique

Hope it goes well- good luck!
Reply 3
Hey! Yes I have had my AC, it was quite straight forward compared to the other ones I have done before. I was late as I had to fly in so missed some of it (first 45 minutes).

the structure:

introduction (lunch included, lots of pret food and they have a great snack bar, networking opportunity to meet staff from hr and your department)

interview round 1

interview round 2

There were no group exercises for us which was quite different!

I think it went quite well, as marketing is something i am very passionate about so i found answering the competency and motivational questions very straight forward.

I do not really know much about research/intelligence but I would really advise you to practice the document they provided! Also the other candidates at the AC were also really nice, defo recommend staying in contact with them! It was the smallest one i have been to (only 4 of us?!)

If you have the time, ask the team if you can have an office tour! their office is quite small but it is very unique

Hope it goes well- good luck!
Hi! Thank you so much for your informative response, it really is appreciated!!
I was just wondering, how long did it take them to get back to you after your AC about the outcome of your AC? Thanks!!
Reply 4
Hi! Thank you so much for your informative response, it really is appreciated!!
I was just wondering, how long did it take them to get back to you after your AC about the outcome of your AC? Thanks!!
Hey no worries! Regarding the outcome, my circumstance is a bit different...

Basically I had 2 assessment centres on the same day and the other one which I completed was for the dream corporation I wanted to work at. Today I received an intern offer (only did the AC on wednesday!!) which was very fast. I am guessing the BGF team have not decided the outcome yet! Long story short I withdrew my application today from BGF so cannot answer the question, so sorry.

But I genuinely hope it goes well and if you have any other questions let me know! You have got this :smile:

Basically I had 2 assessment centres on the same day and the other one which I completed was for the dream corporation I wanted to work at. Today I received an intern offer (only did the AC on wednesday!!) which was very fast. I am guessing the BGF team have not decided the outcome yet! Long story short I withdrew my application today from BGF so cannot answer the question, so sorry.

But I genuinely hope it goes well and if you have any other questions let me know! You have got this :smile:
Hi,

I’m also waiting for BGF but I was wondering if you know what the salary is like at BGF and if the the internship is paid and what is the expected amount?

It would be appreciated if you or anyone else could answer this for me!

Thanks😊
Reply 6

Well done on your offer for your dream firm! That makes total sense- thanks for all ur help 🙂
Reply 7
Original post by user5789478398
Hi,

I’m also waiting for BGF but I was wondering if you know what the salary is like at BGF and if the the internship is paid and what is the expected amount?

It would be appreciated if you or anyone else could answer this for me!

Thanks😊
hey I am not too sure, but i would estimate somewhere between 20-26k pro rata for a communications, marketing role? really depends on the role! when i made it to schroders ac they told us the salary and it paid super high, think it was 37k+ (this is exceptional though)

the internship is paid at bgf! majority of summer internships will be

hope this helps
Reply 8
Well done on your offer for your dream firm! That makes total sense- thanks for all ur help 🙂
no worries! how did the ac go? was it different to what I described out of curiosity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending