The Student Room Group

How to earn £200 a month in first year of university?

Hey,

I have just started university and have worked out that I'll be £200 short a month due to accommodation and living costs. How can I make around this much a month? There are not many part-time jobs available here. I'm quite worried, to be honest.

Thanks x
Koru kids apparently pays really well for students. You babysit kids.
Reply 2
Original post by TheBritishKoala
Hey,

I have just started university and have worked out that I'll be £200 short a month due to accommodation and living costs. How can I make around this much a month? There are not many part-time jobs available here. I'm quite worried, to be honest.

Thanks x

Check out matched betting
Just keep applying for jobs and solider on! There is a job for you somewhere. Good luck
Reply 4
Which city are you in - that make a lot of difference.
I'm in Dundee and the only jobs that are available are 4 hours a week at minimum wage so not really the best 😅
Reply 6
Most universities will have jobs on campus that students can apply for - have you tried to find out if there are any there that you could do?
Reply 7
I'm in Dundee and the only jobs that are available are 4 hours a week at minimum wage so not really the best 😅

that sounds like a tough place to find work.

Apply for NHS jobs; I work on the Nurse bank and it gets me about £1000 a month part time
did you need any qualifications to apply/how abouts did you go around it? x
did you need any qualifications to apply/how abouts did you go around it? x

Just experience in a similar role: e.g care home work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending