The Student Room Group

Tattoo

Hi
I'm looking at getting a small floral tattoo on my side boob in a few weeks but it's my first ever tattoo and I have a lot of questions.
I've heard that they can seep plasma and ink at the start. Is this a lot or something that is only a real issue for thick large tattoos? Keep in mind that my tattoo won't be big at all and will have fine lines. I'm in a performance a few days later where one of my costumes is a white dress and don't want to get ink all over it.
A solution I have come up with for this is to buy some non-adhesive dressing and re-cover the tattoo for that performance. I'll be getting the tattoo on the Thursday and the show is on the Saturday- do you think that would be OK?
Finally, what should I do about a bra? I've heard wearing a bra after a rib tattoo can make it rub, but is this something of discomfort or something which can actually cause damage to the tattoo. If it's something that can cause damage, when can I start wearing bras again and would sports bras be an option in the mean time?
Thanks for reading all that and i'd really appreciate any responses to any of these questions.
Reply 1
You will have had a cling film covering the newly inked tattoo for at least 1 week.
Reply 2
Original post by Tazzzzzz
You will have had a cling film covering the newly inked tattoo for at least 1 week.

No. That is horrendously long. the longest I have covered any of mine is 8 hours

it can leak plasma and ink for a fortnight ish, so bear that in mind re your performance. It isn't gonna be healed up in a few days
Original post by gjd800
No. That is horrendously long. the longest I have covered any of mine is 8 hours

it can leak plasma and ink for a fortnight ish, so bear that in mind re your performance. It isn't gonna be healed up in a few days

Yeah i’d heard it can leak for a while but is it going to be alot all of the time or just a little every few hours? And would I be ok to put a bandage thing over the top just for the performance or could this cause infection?
Reply 4
Original post by Jessicastapleton
Yeah i’d heard it can leak for a while but is it going to be alot all of the time or just a little every few hours? And would I be ok to put a bandage thing over the top just for the performance or could this cause infection?

You'll be ok doing that, just try to make sure it's a non-stick thing and that you clean it pretty soon afterwards :smile:
It might be better to postpone getting a tattoo until after the performance.

Even when covered the plasma and ink can still seep out from underneath and stain the dress. The placement may also affect your movement based on achiness/stiffness/pain after. If small you might also hit the itching/peeling stage by that point too. The bra rubbing can knock off any sections that are peeling, which would lead to discolouration as well as potentially causing discomfort.
It will leak for quite some time, well might be less long with a small tattoo but its recommended to not wear tight clothes cause your clothes can get stuck to the tattoo and your skin and that could damage it badly
Heya,

Mine leaked plasma and excess ink for the first couple of days, I had a second skin sticker on mine which is like sticky cling film...

Here is a pic of my Rabbit tattoo all healed...
IMG_20190914_162756.jpg

Here is a pic of the Second skin cover after I removed it... you can see the excess plasma and ink...
MVIMG_20190917_204548.jpg

Here is a pic of my Robin Tattoo...
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190719182914683_COVER.jpg

Here is a pic of my Robin tattoo after 2 days of having the second skin cover on, you can clearly see the mushy plasma and ink leakage. (Looks like my Robin pooped on me)
IMG_20190702_133211.jpg

I hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Tazzzzzz

Lmao, no you won't.
Reply 9
Original post by MrMusician95
Lmao, no you won't.

Ermmm, I’ve got tattoos m8

Quick Reply

Latest