The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Engineering Design Supplementary Questions

Hi, i just got an email from Bristol uni asking me to do a supplementary question paper and that this will determine who gets an offer. Was just wondering if anyone knows what this is about? because it didn't give me any idea what it would ask and it has to be done in one sitting. Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey, I got that too from Cambridge but not from Bristol. You simply just fill it out and send it off, it’s just something that needs to be completed. It has no special meaning
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Hi, i've just got the same email. Wondering if you've completed it yet? Anything I should know before doing it? Cheers
Reply 3
Original post by jacobholmes
Hi, i just got an email from Bristol uni asking me to do a supplementary question paper and that this will determine who gets an offer. Was just wondering if anyone knows what this is about? because it didn't give me any idea what it would ask and it has to be done in one sitting. Thanks!

They use it instead of your UCAS personal statement, etc.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/media/undergraduate/admissions-statements/2019/engineering-design.pdf
Reply 4
Is it essentially just like a second personal statement?
Reply 5
Is it essentially just like a second personal statement?

I haven't seen one so I don't know exactly what's in it. But by the sound of this...

Spoiler

... yes.

Actually, it would be helpful if you could post up a photo of it in this thread when you receive it. :smile:

PS. Please quote the message you are replying to so the poster receives a notification that you have replied :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

@jacobholmes

Hi, have you received the supplementary Question form for engineering design?
And do mind if u could post a picture of the question form please as I'm looking at whether to applying for engineering design (which I'm guessing is more general engineering) or mechanical engineering at Bristol.
Reply 7
Original post by zootzoot
@jacobholmes

Hi, have you received the supplementary Question form for engineering design?
And do mind if u could post a picture of the question form please as I'm looking at whether to applying for engineering design (which I'm guessing is more general engineering) or mechanical engineering at Bristol.

Hi, I just submitted my SQF for Bristol (engineering design) - unfortunately, we sign not to disclose any part of the form when we submit it. But this reply says it all!

Original post by Doones
I haven't seen one so I don't know exactly what's in it. But by the sound of this...

Spoiler

... yes.

Actually, it would be helpful if you could post up a photo of it in this thread when you receive it. :smile:

PS. Please quote the message you are replying to so the poster receives a notification that you have replied :smile:
Original post by ktse_02
Hi, I just submitted my SQF for Bristol (engineering design) - unfortunately, we sign not to disclose any part of the form when we submit it. But this reply says it all!

So that's why there isn't much information about it online.
Anyway thank you for saying. Im guessing the content of it will be quite similar to your personal statement (but split into sections: Past experience, how it links to what u are learning now ect.)
Original post by ktse_02

Hi, I have sent off my question form for Bristol engineering design the other day, however I have not heard a response from them as to whether they have received the form (As I'm worried it wasn't sent off properly). Was this normal to not get a reply back in the days after?

Many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending