The Student Room Group

how often do you get new trainers

^ would every break be reasonable. like every 2 months

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When my last break completly fall apart 🙂.
like 4-5 a year
I've literally bought two pairs in the last 4 years... if you get good trainers they last years.
Reply 4
Still have the same since 2016
Reply 5
it’s your money, if you can afford to then what’s the problem
A few times a year tbh
Whenever I can afford to really.

I wear trainers to work as well, so will need to get a new pair soon as the current ones are falling apart.... :redface:
Like every year
When they fall apart. 1 is for sport, the other for outings. I try not to over consume.
Reply 10
Every year but it depends on whether they need replacing
why did i think every1 was gonna say a pair a month aha
I got a pair in 2013, a pair in 2015 (my feet grew) and a pair last month (my old ones are perfectly fine still, my uni gym is just fussy about clean trainers and they're stained by long jump sand :tongue:).
1 pair of trainers every 2-3 years. They last ages.
Reply 14
I buy whenever I see something I like - but I really have to like them. Currently I only use 2 pair of trainers, a pair of Nike airman 97s for £140 and a pair of Mallets for £160. Yes their expensive, but they look nice and can easily last me at least 2-3 years. In the meantime if I see something I Like I'll buy it, I make impulsive choices, but to be honest, I don't think you need more than 2 pairs of trainers.
Usually after a year or two, good quality ones last quite a long time. Can't afford to get them every few months on a student budget.
Every 18 months when they fall off my feet at the gym.
Original post by T0mas
Still have the same since 2016

That's unacceptable.
Original post by Obolinda
When they fall apart. 1 is for sport, the other for outings. I try not to over consume.

..Your mates must get tired of seeing you in the same gear. What kinda creps are they??
Couple times a year cos I do online shopping which is bare convenient. But I'm more of a boots lad! Love boots. Haven't worn trainers outside the gym since like 2013...
Original post by yelir
Currently I only use 2 pair of trainers, a pair of Nike airman 97s for £140 and a pair of Mallets for £160. Yes their expensive, but they look nice and can easily last me at least 2-3 years.

Nah I refuse to wear an expensive pair of shoes repeatedly! I wear several affordable shoes from all brands and online vendors that look expensive for my everyday things, and the expensive ones I wear selectively. It's just a bad look to hang onto the same pair of expensive shoes because you wear them rotten and it ruins the fact that they're Nike they just look like flea market donations ya get me?...it also looks like ":hahaha: you can only afford one pair!"

Quick Reply

Latest