The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen

How is life at Aberdeen university? And would u recommend coventry or Aberdeen?
Original post by mahdiwael

Coventry and Aberdeen are pretty much on opposite ends of the country. You need to pay both areas a visit.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Coventry and Aberdeen are pretty much on opposite ends of the country. You need to pay both areas a visit.

The problem that I’m an international student so I’m not in UK, I’m still reading about the life in both of them
The problem that I’m an international student so I’m not in UK, I’m still reading about the life in both of them

Even more important for you to visit then, given the cost of international fees.
Reply 4
It would be difficult since I need visa and I can’t get it unless I have a study program

I cannot talk about Coventry, but I really enjoy studying in Aberdeen. The uni is very inclusive, there are always lots of events going on, but what you should probably consider first is the difference in English and Scottish degrees.

Scottish Bachelors take 4 years, in England they generally take 3. In Scotland, the first year is for trying out different subjects and disciplines. For example, I applied to study Sociology, but in your first year you have to take additional courses, so I chose English Literature, Anthropology, and French. Turns out, I really love Anthropology so I changed my degree to joint honours Sociology and Anthropology. In England, you don't have that flexibility.

So if you are 100% sure what you want to study and you only want to do three years, choose Coventry. If you maybe want to try different courses as well and you don't mind the extra year, go to Aberdeen.

I can also really recommend you to take a look at the "@studyinaberdeen" Instagram account. It's run by a student and they talk about all sorts of things, such as academics, student life, etc. They also have a "A day in a life of an Aberdeen Uni student" and are super helpful. So check them out. Maybe Coventry has something similar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending