The Student Room Group

University of Winchester Interview

I just got an offer for an interview at the uni of Winchester for early years primary education and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the outline of the day and how the interviews are like and if you have any tips
Original post by no.198
I just got an offer for an interview at the uni of Winchester for early years primary education and i was wondering if anyone could tell me the outline of the day and how the interviews are like and if you have any tips

Normally for teaching interviews you are sent the outline of the day in advance. If you don't have this, then do contact the uni as it's likely there is stuff you will need to prepare in advance.

There are some general interview tips on this post https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6193808
Reply 2
I have been invited to a interview at Winchester for primary Ed too, would love to know any tips anyone has xx
Reply 3
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Normally for teaching interviews you are sent the outline of the day in advance. If you don't have this, then do contact the uni as it's likely there is stuff you will need to prepare in advance.

There are some general interview tips on this post https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6193808

Thankyou. I have the information for the other interviews but just not Winchester so I will contact them.
Reply 4
Original post by Vicnolan
I have been invited to a interview at Winchester for primary Ed too, would love to know any tips anyone has xx

Really! What date is your interview? These are some practice questions on here that might help...

why do you what to be a teacher?; What qualities should a good teacher have?; Why you want to study at the certain university; Why you have chosen primary xx
Reply 5
4th of December when’s yours? Thank you for the help, I haven’t received the info via email yet but hopefully will do soon. Xx
Reply 6
4th of December when’s yours? Thank you for the help, I haven’t received the info via email yet but hopefully will do soon. Xx

Mines the same, 4th December. I haven't either. Hopefully they will do it soon. What other uni's have you applied to? xx
Reply 7
Edge Hill, Brighton and Chichester, what about you? x
Reply 8
Brighton, chichister, plymouth and leeds trinity. My brighton interview is next wednesday x
Reply 9
My Brighton interview is next Wednesday too! 🤦🏼*♀️I applied to Plymouth too! I have an interview for all of them what about you? x
Reply 10
My Brighton interview is next Wednesday too! 🤦🏼*♀️I applied to Plymouth too! I have an interview for all of them what about you? x

Well this is wierd haha. I haven't heard back from Plymouth but I have from all the others. We will probably bump into each other and not notice on wednesday :smile: x
Probably ahah! x
I guess it will be good to know someone haha! x
Reply 13
I guess it will be good to know someone haha! x

Yeah it will be. Take our minds off it! x
Original post by no.198
Yeah it will be. Take our minds off it! x

Definitely less nervous! x
Edge Hill, Brighton and Chichester, what about you? x

Hey @Vicnolan! Glad you have applied to us :smile:

We recommend that you be completely yourself, prepare some answers in advance e.g. why you want to be a teacher, why you chose the university that you're interviewing for, what previous experience you have had with young children/teaching placements, reflect on some of the things you have written in your personal statement etc and use this as an opportunity to see the campus again. Remember that if you're moving to a particular university, you need to want to live in that area for 3 years!

Interviews aren't as scary as they seem, particularly at Chichester as we use this as an opportunity to get to know you on an individual basis, give you the opportunity get to know the academic staff that you will be taught by and other prospective students that are also interviewing who you may end up on the same course as.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!
Thank you for your reply! It’s really helpful! When I have gone online to book into the interview I can’t make the two dates available, is there any other way I can come to another one? x
Thank you for your reply! It’s really helpful! When I have gone online to book into the interview I can’t make the two dates available, is there any other way I can come to another one? x

That's okay! If you get in contact with our lovely admissions team on [email protected] or 01243816002 they will be able to give you some alternative dates :smile:
Thank you so much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending