The Student Room Group

English lit

So does anybody know any good and effective ways of achieving the best and possible grade for English lit because i would like to get the highest grade possible for my mocks which are in 2 weeks and i have been revising however i would like to know more effective ways of revising as i would like to do a level English lit and you need a 6 for that so i am at least hoping to get a 6 or higher but for the mocks im not that stressed.
Reply 1
a good tip is to conceptualise the book your studying and relate it to society. this gets you to the top of the mark scheme
Reply 2
Hiya! I have mocks coming up too but in January instead. I find that doing practice papers if the best method for me. I find this because I usually start out doing the best I can to get high marks with no time limit on the first try, then I try another past paper but with slightly stricter time limits, and so on. If you continue doing this you'll be able to manage your time better in the exam and you'll familiarise yourself with the mark scheme. I find this to be the best way for me, but as most things go- it's personal preference :smile:
Also, if you haven't got the app 'Quizlet' already I highly recommend trying it out! It's good for testing yourself on quotes and such. But I find it most useful for revising languages, that is if you took any for gcse.
Don't work yourself too hard and good luck for the exams!!
Reply 3
Thank you so much, yeah I’ve been planning on doing a past paper as my English teacher said she will mark it as soon as possible. Thank you for the advice and all the best with your mocks to!!
make sure in your revision you're practising writing essays too. knowing your texts is important, but so is being able to convey your ideas clearly :yep:
learning a few analytical points for some quotes may be useful.
Reply 5
Original post by willmacd
a good tip is to conceptualise the book your studying and relate it to society. this gets you to the top of the mark scheme

Thank you yes i agree we are doing inspector calls , sign of four and romeo and juliet which are great plays/novels to link to society and thank you for the advice
Reply 6
Original post by willmacd

Sometimes it does. It is not a sure-fire way to hit the roof of the scheme.
Reply 7
Original post by Tolgarda
Sometimes it does. It is not a sure-fire way to hit the roof of the scheme.

Do you know any other ways to shoot yourself up that mark scheme if so please please do let me l ow as any advice will be appreciated because I want to get the highest grade possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending