The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got an interview place for Uclan, got the email on November 21st.
I am an international student studying in the US and I have booked a date on January 11th in Dubai (as I am an international student).
Reply 41
Original post by savagebeauty02
I am an international student studying in the US and I have booked a date on January 11th in Dubai (as I am an international student).

Hi
Congratulations for the offer.
I've applied at UCLAN too, didn't get an offer yet.
Would you mind me asking in which month you applied and you did that through UCAS or UCLAN online application?
Thanks
I’m sure there’s only 17 places for UK students according to the guy at UCLan
I'm assuming it's the incoming applications, for most of the other non-medicine courses. but then again, why would they give less priority to medicine applications - especially since we applied earlier.
Original post by rose_11
Hi
Congratulations for the offer.
I've applied at UCLAN too, didn't get an offer yet.
Would you mind me asking in which month you applied and you did that through UCAS or UCLAN online application?
Thanks

Hi sure! I applied 4 hours before the deadline (so October 15 around like 8:00 am UK time), and I applied through UCAS. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 45
Hi sure! I applied 4 hours before the deadline (so October 15 around like 8:00 am UK time), and I applied through UCAS. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask :smile:

Hi
Thanks for the reply!
I applied through their online application
Still waiting for a reply from their end
Original post by HarryPetes
I'm assuming it's the incoming applications, for most of the other non-medicine courses. but then again, why would they give less priority to medicine applications - especially since we applied earlier.

I think they’re giving priority to International Students because there’s more places for International than local
I called UCLan medicine admissions team this morning and they said they’ll be giving out invites to local applicants at the start of January
Reply 48
Original post by Jivitesh 1234
I called UCLan medicine admissions team this morning and they said they’ll be giving out invites to local applicants at the start of January

Hey,

Is it ppssible if you could call them up n ask when they'll give invites to international students, like how long is the entire process if we have applued through their online application.

I request ypu to please please help me out. I'm really getting very desperate. I've applied on 5th November

Thanks
Reply 49

Congratulations, why did you choose Dubai
Original post by Usapp
Congratulations, why did you choose Dubai

It's just easier for me to travel and attend the interview there haha
have a cheeky holiday while ur at it🤣
have a cheeky holiday while ur at it🤣

that's the plan 🤪
I did not apply for medicine at UCLan, i applied for astrophysics. But I can tell you that I have also been told more than once they are currently focusing on an "unprecedented number" of January 2020 applications. I'm a mature international applicant from the US, patiently waiting to hear from them and hoping i'll be accepted.

There are plenty of universities out there but I'm really hoping for UCLan since it's the right price, right size, right programme, and i've toured it twice.

Good luck everyone.
Reply 54
Hi everyone! I’m an international applicant from Ontario, Canada. I was invited for interview on Nov 19th but haven’t submitted my TSS yet. They also never emailed me to complete it. My interview is in January in Dubai. Do I still need to submit it?
Hey guys got an interview in february as an international student
Any home students heard anything?
Any home students heard anything?

Nope :/
Reply 58
Original post by beuelle
Hi everyone! I’m an international applicant from Ontario, Canada. I was invited for interview on Nov 19th but haven’t submitted my TSS yet. They also never emailed me to complete it. My interview is in January in Dubai. Do I still need to submit it?

I'm going through the same thing. Any updates?
Reply 59
Original post by beuelle

The TSS is important to UCLan, I would finish it ASAP if I were you .... I know someone who was interviewed last year and the content of his TSS was brought up during interview

Latest

Trending

Trending