The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
I'm not sure whether you want to apply for archaeology MA course, Tuesday when my roommate received offer of archaeology. Of course, she is an excellent applicant.

So I think if you have archaeological experience, or if you have a good academic record, the staff will consider you.

By the way, I haven't received my offer. Maybe I'm not good enough.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by ChuuEe
I'm not sure whether you want to apply for archaeology MA course, Tuesday when my roommate received offer of archaeology. Of course, she is an excellent applicant.

So I think if you have archaeological experience, or if you have a good academic record, the staff will consider you.

By the way, I haven't received my offer. Maybe I'm not good enough.

I'm sure you are probably more so than me, the degree I'm applying for is for people who have not previously studied archaeology and would like to get into archaeology its not an MA course. Thanks for your answer and good luck, also does your friend have any tips on applying.
Original post by Om_Za
Just wondering is it difficult to get offers from ucl for a graduate diploma in Archaeology.I cant find many universities in London that offer the same degree, I specifically need a graduate diploma in Archaeology.

My daughter received an offer for a BA Archaeology at UCL offer is ABB, on the open day we were told it is an undersubscribed course so all applicants are considered - experience is not essential but reading around the subject and genuine interest will certainly help important to include this in your personal statement !
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My daughter received an offer for a BA Archaeology at UCL offer is ABB, on the open day we were told it is an undersubscribed course so all applicants are considered - experience is not essential but reading around the subject and genuine interest will certainly help important to include this in your personal statement !

Thank you for your advice, I am reading and watching documentaries on archaeology to better understand it, also one my assignments allows me to choose any topic so I chose the effects of technology on archaeology to tie into my interests so I hope that counts as an interest.
Reply 5
Original post by Om_Za
Thank you for your advice, I am reading and watching documentaries on archaeology to better understand it, also one my assignments allows me to choose any topic so I chose the effects of technology on archaeology to tie into my interests so I hope that counts as an interest.

That's what I think. Interest will always be the best teacher. My undergraduate study history, only two of the course is on archaeology.

Most of my friends were studying archaeology, and they told me that archaeology is not just reflected in the fields of mining, more investigation are you on the archaeological excavation data integration capability, at least in China is the case. It's hard to put in a few words to explain.

But ya, I applied to the UCL's course of Principles of Conservation, I hope we're lucky dogs.
Reply 6
Original post by ChuuEe
That's what I think. Interest will always be the best teacher. My undergraduate study history, only two of the course is on archaeology.

Most of my friends were studying archaeology, and they told me that archaeology is not just reflected in the fields of mining, more investigation are you on the archaeological excavation data integration capability, at least in China is the case. It's hard to put in a few words to explain.

But ya, I applied to the UCL's course of Principles of Conservation, I hope we're lucky dogs.

Well I hope you get into your degree it sounds interesting. By the way do have any backups?
Reply 7
Original post by Om_Za
Well I hope you get into your degree it sounds interesting. By the way do have any backups?

Uh.......I think there are no backups
Reply 8
Original post by ChuuEe
Uh.......I think there are no backups

I meant do you have any backup courses for other unis, I hope doesnt come to that let me know if you get the offer.
Reply 9
Original post by Om_Za
I meant do you have any backup courses for other unis, I hope doesnt come to that let me know if you get the offer.

Other courses seem to require applicants to have a chemical or architectural foundation. I am definitely a art student hahahaha. But I also try to ask the departmentl of Archaeology of Durham University about the conditions for applying for the relics convention. As for whether I have got the offer of UCL, the answer is No.

Besides, Why don't you think about Durham University's archaeology course? Durham University's archaeology is also very good.
Reply 10
Original post by ChuuEe
Other courses seem to require applicants to have a chemical or architectural foundation. I am definitely a art student hahahaha. But I also try to ask the departmentl of Archaeology of Durham University about the conditions for applying for the relics convention. As for whether I have got the offer of UCL, the answer is No.

Besides, Why don't you think about Durham University's archaeology course? Durham University's archaeology is also very good.

The problem is distance I dont want to be away from my family as I have to take care of them.
Reply 11
Original post by Om_Za
The problem is distance I dont want to be away from my family as I have to take care of them.

You're really a very family-minded person.I guess ucl should have the results in two weeks. You will succeed!
Reply 12
Original post by ChuuEe
You're really a very family-minded person.I guess ucl should have the results in two weeks. You will succeed!

Thanks, you will too. I actually havent finished applying Im trying to do the transcript just stuck on how I should structure it and what should I put in.
Original post by Anonymous

hi,
i applied to the same course, was this a recent offer as i still havent recieved mine? if not, do you know how long she waited to hear back?
thanks!
Reply 14
Original post by Belle1701
hi,
i applied to the same course, was this a recent offer as i still havent recieved mine? if not, do you know how long she waited to hear back?
thanks!

I applied to study Classical Archaeology and Classical Civilisation at UCL and I recieved an offer of ABB about a month afterwards. They say it's an undersubscribed course so you should receive an offer so long as you have a decent personal statement. Wish you best of luck

Latest

Trending

Trending