The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

2020 Imperial Medical Biosciences

Hi guys

I just wanted to make a group for Medical
Biosciences applicants this year

I applied in October 2019, together with my Cambridge application.

My AS results were bad but
I have all A/A* in IGCES and predicted A levels of A*A*A*A or A*A*AA (not sure) in Chemistry/Biology/Physics/Math.

I resat many AS modules already and am waiting for my Imperial reply as it’s my first choice!!! (Even though I applied to Cambridge too ahaha)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Finally! I’ve been looking for this thread haha ! I applied in October as well, super nervous ...
I also applied to Oxford A100 and Imperial A100 but the BMAT didn’t go very well, looks like this might be my best option
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys

I just wanted to make a group for Medical
Biosciences applicants this year

I applied in October 2019, together with my Cambridge application.

My AS results were bad but
I have all A/A* in IGCES and predicted A levels of A*A*A*A or A*A*AA (not sure) in Chemistry/Biology/Physics/Math.

I resat many AS modules already and am waiting for my Imperial reply as it’s my first choice!!! (Even though I applied to Cambridge too ahaha)

Also waiting. Applied 15 Oct, only to biomed courses. A*/A Maths/Chem with A Bio predicted (doing intensive a level in a year). I saw last year some people got offers already around this time for this course (while other threads suggest they do not offer until after 15 Jan but from the feedback seems former, also no interview it seems).
Applied 10th October with A*A*A predicted in biology, chemistry & English lit, no decision yet ofc but still kind of nervous
(edited 4 years ago)
Just found this thread and thought I'd add my stats

Applied 4th October, only to biomed courses, with 10A* at GCSE and 45 points (achieved) at the IB. Imperial is my second choice after Oxford! Haven't heard back from them
Hey guys, I'm an international applicant, I did 4 A-Levels (Bio, Chem, Maths and Stats) in one year and achieved AA*A*A. I hope I'm good enough for Imperial medical bioscience!
Reply 6
Hi all!
I'm an international applicant doing the American high school diploma and got a conditional offer for medical biosciences yesterday :smile:.
Thought I'd add my stats for any other applicants are in my position. I got 6A*, 3A, and 2B in IGCSE, 5 5 4 in AP French, Seminar, and Calculus AB last year, 1470 in the SAT, and 800 760 in the SAT French and Maths level 2 subject tests. My conditional offer depends on my getting 5 5 5 in AP Biology, Chemistry, and one other science or maths.
I hope your applications are going well and I can't wait to meet all of you!
Reply 7
Original post by jonesl02
Hi all!
I'm an international applicant doing the American high school diploma and got a conditional offer for medical biosciences yesterday :smile:.
Thought I'd add my stats for any other applicants are in my position. I got 6A*, 3A, and 2B in IGCSE, 5 5 4 in AP French, Seminar, and Calculus AB last year, 1470 in the SAT, and 800 760 in the SAT French and Maths level 2 subject tests. My conditional offer depends on my getting 5 5 5 in AP Biology, Chemistry, and one other science or maths.

Many congrats. Still waiting 😔
Hi all!

May I ask when did you apply? Congrats on your offer btw!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by jncw
May I ask when did you apply? Congrats on your offer btw!

Thanks! I applied via UCAS on the 2nd of October, so it did take them a while to answer
Thanks! I applied via UCAS on the 2nd of October, so it did take them a while to answer

I applied on 14/10 so it would probably take them a while to respond, do you know whether they would give out offers in Dec?
Reply 11
Original post by jncw
I applied on 14/10 so it would probably take them a while to respond, do you know whether they would give out offers in Dec?

Hi there. Remember you from October Thread. I am also still waiting. The offers at the moment seem to go to international applicants. I am UK. I think you are as well if I recall correctly. So seems to be a bit later maybe for us (hopefully...)
Original post by Munrhe
Hi there. Remember you from October Thread. I am also still waiting. The offers at the moment seem to go to international applicants. I am UK. I think you are as well if I recall correctly. So seems to be a bit later maybe for us (hopefully...)

Yea I think I’ve seen you on other threads haha, and yes you’re correct I’m an international, just wanna ask with my stats (Achieved AA*A*A in A-Levels), would it be competitive enough? I’m asking because I didnt do GCSE, and I know that the application to admission ratio was like 11:1 for medical biosciences in imperial, so I’m a bit worried lol
Reply 13
Original post by jncw
Yea I think I’ve seen you on other threads haha, and yes you’re correct I’m an international, just wanna ask with my stats (Achieved AA*A*A in A-Levels), would it be competitive enough? I’m asking because I didnt do GCSE, and I know that the application to admission ratio was like 11:1 for medical biosciences in imperial, so I’m a bit worried lol

Same here but your stats are great. The offers made were like yours. I still believe in us getting an offer 😏
Original post by jncw

I don't see why they wouldn't give out offers in December, though maybe not around Christmas time
Original post by jncw

Your grades look really good! I'm sure you stand a good chance at getting an offer :biggrin:.
I just received an offer from Imperial tor medical biosciences!!
congrats!when did you apply tho,and are you international?
Original post by zhouuuuuu
congrats!when did you apply tho,and are you international?

Thank you! And yeah sorry I didn’t add any more info in my original post - I applied 4th Oct and I’m a UK applicant
Original post by marie4612
Thank you! And yeah sorry I didn’t add any more info in my original post - I applied 4th Oct and I’m a UK applicant

I just got an offer too!😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending