The Student Room Group

Imperial biomed or newcastle med

If you have an medical biosciences offer from imperial (5th choice) and medicine/dentistry offers from newcastle and leeds, would you rather take the 5th or the medical courses?
Original post by Anonymous
If you have an medical biosciences offer from imperial (5th choice) and medicine/dentistry offers from newcastle and leeds, would you rather take the 5th or the medical courses?

That depends on two separate points
1. Do you want to be a biomedical scientist or a doctor? They are two very different careers
2. What do you value more, the university or the course? I must note for medicine which uni attend makes no notable difference to your career in medicine afterwards
Imperial are unlikely to give a medical biosciences offer to a medical applicant anyway, but it would depend on whether or not you want to be a doctor. I assume you’re attracted to imperial due to its elite reputation, but when working within the NHS, the medical school you went to doesn’t matter. If the medical degree matters to you, go to Newcastle/Leeds. If the uni matters more, go to imperial. I think working out whether you’d rather be a doctor or a medical researcher should be your priority to start with

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending