The Student Room Group

would this be considered "Cheating"?

So I had a physics exam today apart of our 2nd exams of the year and after I got home today, I managed to find the physics paper along with my biology and chemistry paper, both of which I'll be tested on this week. If i learn the mark scheme and working outs and get a high grade, would my teacher be suspicious I got it right? Should I deliberately get some wrong or should I revise the paper and if the teacher does ask me, say it was apart of thorough revision and it was purely a coincidence I found the answers?

Scroll to see replies

That is defo cheating. I don't know what you would get out of learning the mark scheme. The only person you're lying to is yourself
Original post by Hannah.xxx
So I had a physics exam today apart of our 2nd exams of the year and after I got home today, I managed to find the physics paper along with my biology and chemistry paper, both of which I'll be tested on this week. If i learn the mark scheme and working outs and get a high grade, would my teacher be suspicious I got it right? Should I deliberately get some wrong or should I revise the paper and if the teacher does ask me, say it was apart of thorough revision and it was purely a coincidence I found the answers?

Yes.

It's called cheating yourself. You can waste this valuable opportunity to truly test what you know, in order to identify weak points for the actual exam, if you want. Up to you.

how can you even question if this is cheating or not ahahahahahah wtf u ok??

Is it the 2019 Paper?
I mean, you're only hurting yourself.
Reply 6

Tbh its understandable if you want your predicted grades to be higher but I wouldnt look at the markscheme. Just look at the topics on the paper and revise them so you actually learn something as well as cheating.

Cheating isn't good but fuk it, you already got the answers so you have got choices to make. In the end of the day, this tests is all about memorising. Here's what you need to do;

If you are smart, someone who gets above average then go for high grade. If you're average student then go for little bit above average. Don't get caught.
Show the working out, don't just write the answer. Sometimes you may even get another answer that is close to the actual mark scheme answer.

The one's you gonna get wrong on purpose, make sure you first workout then in the middle make the answer wrong but make the working out right, that will give you some marks at-least but not the complete mark and you will be less suspicious.

The disadvantage is your teacher could ask you questions that you got right after the test. If you're above average student this won't be problem for you but, if you are average student. You will have hear-attacks every time the teacher points his finger on you, especially that time when the teacher wants you to explain on the board so that other students understand as well.

The other major disadvantage is when the real exam comes, you will fail good. Real good. There is no doubt about that. Because you think you have passed and your brain will have this fake feeling that you gonna revise and get good grades in the real exam but, you won't. You will fail in the real exam, that's guaranteed.

Make your choices wisely.

If it was up to me, i would highly prefer to fail this mock and pass the real exam.

Good luck for your choices. You're smart, judge yourself.
(edited 4 years ago)
I mean, I personally dont know if I'll be able to resist you know.. NOT looking at the answers.

Butt... Depending on how much time you have till the exams, I would personally revise through the topics, answer the questions on the paper, check what i got wrong (so at least i know my weak points) and revise on those topics, then , if I'm happy with my score or want to add that extra 'oomph' on my overall grade then I definitely would.
Original post by James hoxa
Is it the 2019 Paper?

look at James over here wanting to get in on the act
What's the point? You're supposed to learn the content, not memorise the answers.

If you've wasted your time memorising a mock then that's time you're not going to get back actually revising for the real thing.
Original post by Omertà
look at James over here wanting to get in on the act

Hahahahahaha :u:
Learning the Mark scheme is cheating yourself.

If you happen to do the same paper as part of your revision, then I say that’s fine.
Original post by MidgetFever
What's the point? You're supposed to learn the content, not memorise the answers.

If you've wasted your time memorising a mock then that's time you're not going to get back actually revising for the real thing.

tbh 90% of the work is memorising it soooo... don't even need to understand it
Original post by Omertà
tbh 90% of the work is memorising it soooo... don't even need to understand it

There's a difference between memorising the content and memorising a mark scheme... :redface:

I hope they use different papers - it is SOOO obvious when people cheat like this.
Original post by MidgetFever
There's a difference between memorising the content and memorising a mark scheme... :redface:

yeah obviously I am not supporting this ahahahah, but the saying 'Learn and churn' references memorising the answers and when you get questions on it you pretty much say what exactly the mark scheme wants but obviously by just cheating it doesn't help
If you even have to ask this you must be pretty f**king thick.
Original post by JockstrapAttack
If you even have to ask this you must be pretty f**king thick.

:lol:
Original post by wizkid44
That is defo cheating. I don't know what you would get out of learning the mark scheme. The only person you're lying to is yourself

Original post by Blue_Cow
Yes.

It's called cheating yourself. You can waste this valuable opportunity to truly test what you know, in order to identify weak points for the actual exam, if you want. Up to you.

Original post by Omertà
how can you even question if this is cheating or not ahahahahahah wtf u ok??

Original post by James hoxa
Is it the 2019 Paper?

Original post by vicvic38
I mean, you're only hurting yourself.

Original post by Corare
Tbh its understandable if you want your predicted grades to be higher but I wouldnt look at the markscheme. Just look at the topics on the paper and revise them so you actually learn something as well as cheating.

Original post by thelocalkid
Cheating isn't good but fuk it, you already got the answers so you have got choices to make. In the end of the day, this tests is all about memorising. Here's what you need to do;

If you are smart, someone who gets above average then go for high grade. If you're average student then go for little bit above average. Don't get caught.
Show the working out, don't just write the answer. Sometimes you may even get another answer that is close to the actual mark scheme answer.

The one's you gonna get wrong on purpose, make sure you first workout then in the middle make the answer wrong but make the working out right, that will give you some marks at-least but not the complete mark and you will be less suspicious.

The disadvantage is your teacher could ask you questions that you got right after the test. If you're above average student this won't be problem for you but, if you are average student. You will have hear-attacks every time the teacher points his finger on you, especially that time when the teacher wants you to explain on the board so that other students understand as well.

The other major disadvantage is when the real exam comes, you will fail good. Real good. There is no doubt about that. Because you think you have passed and your brain will have this fake feeling that you gonna revise and get good grades in the real exam but, you won't. You will fail in the real exam, that's guaranteed.

Make your choices wisely.

If it was up to me, i would highly prefer to fail this mock and pass the real exam.

Good luck for your choices. You're smart, judge yourself.

Original post by actinglover
I mean, I personally dont know if I'll be able to resist you know.. NOT looking at the answers.

Butt... Depending on how much time you have till the exams, I would personally revise through the topics, answer the questions on the paper, check what i got wrong (so at least i know my weak points) and revise on those topics, then , if I'm happy with my score or want to add that extra 'oomph' on my overall grade then I definitely would.

wow i got a lot of replies. okay firstly
i know its cheating but consider my position. i joined a new school in year 10 and my old school was **** and never taught me much of the syllabus. here in my new school they've done so much more than i have. if i try telling that to the teacher theyll just say it is your own responsibility to catch up so thats a no. i found the paper online. obviously im not gonna menorize it thats too much effort. i was planning on doing the questions 1 by 1 so i get them. im not someone who doesnt like revise. everyday i revise at least something at home. plus in class i get most answers correct. for example on my physics test today i hadnt even heard about radiation... but the class probably expects got 100% so even if i do get a good score it wont be suspicious. plus i have other subject to learn content from like history. i missed an entire module which leaves me barely any time for other subjects. Otherwise i woukd never cheat damn.

Quick Reply

Latest