The Student Room Group

FOA Student Finance

Can someone from Student Finance help me:

I am studying the MSc nursing programme:

I had the following funding:
2020/21 - full funding
2021/22 - partial funding which was then disregarded due to withdrawing for personal reasons.
2023/24 - full funding.

Can someone please tell me why student finance has awarded me my additional year of funding for the academic year 2023/24. Can someone from student finance also advise as to whether I can get funding if I transferred to another university please? As I currently hate my course and need to consider my options.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Katherine366

2020/21 - full funding
2021/22 - partial funding which was then disregarded due to withdrawing for personal reasons.
2023/24 - full funding.

Can someone please tell me why student finance has awarded me my additional year of funding for the academic year 2023/24. Can someone from student finance also advise as to whether I can get funding if I transferred to another university please? As I currently hate my course and need to consider my options.

Hi Katherine,

We fund all years of a course + 1 additional year. If you are on the same course and retaking this then your extra year would have been for the current 23/24 academic year. So if you have applied for full funding that will be why you were granted this.

Regarding the new course, would be beginning again from year 1 and is the course full or part time? If you can also confirm the course name. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason

2020/21 - full funding
2023/24 - full funding.

Hi Katherine,

We fund all years of a course + 1 additional year. If you are on the same course and retaking this then your extra year would have been for the current 23/24 academic year. So if you have applied for full funding that will be why you were granted this.

Regarding the new course, would be beginning again from year 1 and is the course full or part time? If you can also confirm the course name. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your reply, it would be going into the final year again.
Hi Katherine,

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your reply, it would be going into the final year again.Thanks. Is it a 3 year course in total you're studying? Thanks, Jason
Hi Katherine,

Hi Jason,

Thanks. Is it a 3 year course in total you're studying? Thanks, Jason

It’s the pre-registration two year programme MSc
Hi Jason,

Thanks. Is it a 3 year course in total you're studying? Thanks, Jason

It’s the pre-registration two year programme MScThanks. If you've already used your gift year and looking to retake this again you would only be eligible for the fees if you've previously left a course due to reasons outwith your control. I've enclosed further information here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year Thanks, Jason
That fair enough and could you tell me whether this applies for other pre-registration course such as midwifery, occupational therapy etc?
That fair enough and could you tell me whether this applies for other pre-registration course such as midwifery, occupational therapy etc?
Is it one of these courses you're looking to transfer over to? Thanks, Jason
Is it one of these courses you're looking to transfer over to? Thanks, Jason

No at the moment just considering my options, some advice on PGCE would be helpful as well.
No at the moment just considering my options, some advice on PGCE would be helpful as well.
PGCE are exempt from previous study rules. So your previous study is not taken into account. For the other query, this depends on the course you're studying and whether you're doing all years of the course. Thanks, Jason
PGCE are exempt from previous study rules. So your previous study is not taken into account. For the other query, this depends on the course you're studying and whether you're doing all years of the course. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason it would be BSc (pre-reg) that I would go down to and starting from 1st. Would my law degree be taking into account?
Hi Jason it would be BSc (pre-reg) that I would go down to and starting from 1st. Would my law degree be taking into account?
No PGCE courses are exempt from all previous study rules as long as you don't already hold a QTS: Qualified Teacher Status. Thanks, Jason
Sorry Jason I was talking about the pre-reg courses for midwifery and occupational therapy
Hi there. Midwifery and Occupational Therapy are Allied Health Professional courses that are also exempt from previous study rules, so this would attract full funding. Thanks, Leah.
Hi Leah, okay so much MSc and LLB would be disregarded?
No problem. For the courses you have enquired about, yes.
Great thank you.
You're welcome 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending