The Student Room Group

Clifford Chance SPARK 2020

Has anyone applied to the scheme?

What did your application look like?

Have you heard back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!

I have applied to the scheme, and my application was simply the full online form and then some structured paragraph answers to the questions!

In terms of hearing back, given that you passed the Watson Glaser test, it can be assumed that people will start hearing back from Monday as this is the next working day after the deadline. However, it would not be unexpected to not hear back until January.

Hope this helps!
have you guys heard back after the watson glaser?
and does anyone know how competitive SPARK is?
Reply 4
Original post by 12345678aly

Yes, I heard back about 4-5 working days after completing the test to hear that I had passed! If you completed closer to the deadline it would be sometime this week I would guess.
Reply 5
and does anyone know how competitive SPARK is?

Very, as everything will be when looking at Magic Circle schemes.
Reply 6

I attended an Open Day and passed the Watson Glaser back then so didn’t have to complete it when applying for the Spark Scheme now... but I heard back like 2 days after.
Original post by achieving
I attended an Open Day and passed the Watson Glaser back then so didn’t have to complete it when applying for the Spark Scheme now... but I heard back like 2 days after.

So have you been invited to the assessment day then? I only completed the Watson Glaser on Sunday so still haven't heard back🙁
Reply 8
Original post by Mattsmith007
So have you been invited to the assessment day then? I only completed the Watson Glaser on Sunday so still haven't heard back🙁

Not yet! I think those who applied for a training contract have started getting invitations to an Assessment Centre, but I’ve heard nothing so far re: Spark Scheme.
Has anyone heard back regarding rejections/interviews? Best of luck to all! :smile:
Original post by clszta2000
Has anyone heard back regarding rejections/interviews? Best of luck to all! :smile:

No not yet, have you ?
No not yet, have you ?

Nah not yet! :/
Hi, I’ll be applying next year, know most of u haven’t heard back but can anyone give me an idea of the application process and tips?
Original post by nathan_nacu
Hi, I’ll be applying next year, know most of u haven’t heard back but can anyone give me an idea of the application process and tips?

Hi mate, I won't give any tips just yet until I hear back :wink: , but as for the process, this year it was a basic questionnaire with personal details, work experience, exam results etc..

Then it asked for a response (in no more than 600 words) where you were required to talk about your extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of.

Good luck for next year!
Original post by HenryMcC
Hi mate, I won't give any tips just yet until I hear back :wink: , but as for the process, this year it was a basic questionnaire with personal details, work experience, exam results etc..

Then it asked for a response (in no more than 600 words) where you were required to talk about your extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibility and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of.

Good luck for next year!

Ah i see, any Watson Glaser?
Ah i see, any Watson Glaser?

yeah! def practice for that :smile:
Original post by clszta2000
yeah! def practice for that :smile:

Ah okay, I’ve heard it’s similar to the LNAT
Ah okay, I’ve heard it’s similar to the LNAT

The main thing to note about the WG test is that it is 100% about the format of the question rather than the content of the question. If I remember correctly there are 5 sections, each requiring a different approach and a different 'skill' if you will.

Practice these 'skills' and learn how to apply them to any set of facts - the Pearson practice test is the one that I used to practice, don't worry about repeating the same test over and over for practice as the content doesn't matter, just keep going until you understand the format and the method.
Reply 18
Has anyone heard back yet?

The suspense is killing me...
Original post by achieving
Has anyone heard back yet?

The suspense is killing me...

no.. i heard we were meant to hear back on the 23rd..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending