The Student Room Group

Magic circle law firms

So I'm waiting on an offer from Warwick and have an offer from Nottingham for law, both unis feature frequently in the list of top unis for MC firms. However, Durham seems to be higher than both for MC trainees and I wanted to know will it put me at a massive disadvantage that I didn't apply for Durham and will an MC firm look at a Durham applicant with a similar portfolio to me and choose them because of the uni they went to?
Original post by Tilly0561
So I'm waiting on an offer from Warwick and have an offer from Nottingham for law, both unis feature frequently in the list of top unis for MC firms. However, Durham seems to be higher than both for MC trainees and I wanted to know will it put me at a massive disadvantage that I didn't apply for Durham and will an MC firm look at a Durham applicant with a similar portfolio to me and choose them because of the uni they went to?

not really relevant to your question but which out of warwick and nottignham do you feel is better? or are they basically the same
Reply 2
Original post by stacey12809
not really relevant to your question but which out of warwick and nottignham do you feel is better? or are they basically the same

Warwick I believe as it ranks higher
Reply 3
It will be no/next to no disadvantage at all.

But also don't obsess about what MC firms want (or what you think they want), there are hundreds of firms out there that all offer differing opportunities and advantages/disadvantages, the MC are merely 5 of them (and come with many disadvantages of their own)
I wouldn’t even worry about getting into Magic Circle - there around 50 elite law firms in London that are more profitable than MC so the whole concept of MC is not what it used to be.
Original post by Tilly0561

This will have no bearing on your application. I know Clifford Chance even does it university blind now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending