The Student Room Group

Accenture 2020 Assessment Centre

Hi guys!

Been invited to the Accenture AC on 10th December for 2020 London Consulting. Wondered if anybody else has and if anybody has anything to share about what to expect/ any knowledge from previous Accenture ACs?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ellis2110
Hi guys!

Been invited to the Accenture AC on 10th December for 2020 London Consulting. Wondered if anybody else has and if anybody has anything to share about what to expect/ any knowledge from previous Accenture ACs?

Thanks!

Not been to Accenture AC but generally, be yourself, don't see it as a competition, but rather a way for EVERYONE to get hired. Make sure you get everyone involved during any group excercises and look positive and upbeat.
Reply 2
Thanks! appreciate the advice
Reply 3
Hi guys!

Thanks!

Congrats! Is this for September 2020 start?
Hi guys!

Thanks!

Hi,

I hope your assessment centre went well, good luck for recieving the outcome! I've got my assessement centre coming up soon for Manchester. How did you find it and do you have anything to share? What were the interview questions like and do you have any tips on how you prepared for your tech discussion, were you asked many questions regarding this? Was there anything that took you by surprise?

Thanks so much in advance
Reply 5
Hi guys!

Thanks!

Hey! How did your assessment centre go? Any tips would be greatly appreciated☺️
Original post by axrxexkh
Hey! How did your assessment centre go? Any tips would be greatly appreciated☺️

+1
Reply 7
Hi guys,I had my assessment centre back in December for London consulting (and got an offer) so can hopefully help to some extent.With all the tasks, it isn't necessarily about your performance in them directly but how you reflect on what you did/how you could do it better etc. Don't be afraid to say you think you did well, it's good to not always be self-deprecating! It is definitely difficult to self-assess how you've done because a lot of it is just about your natural behaviour and its either a good fit for Accenture or not (sorry!). The strengths interview again is very much about your instinctive response to questions and I certainly felt like I was giving the same answer over and over again so don't worry about that.Be enthusiastic throughout the day and good luck!
Original post by Lark32
Hi guys,I had my assessment centre back in December for London consulting (and got an offer) so can hopefully help to some extent.With all the tasks, it isn't necessarily about your performance in them directly but how you reflect on what you did/how you could do it better etc. Don't be afraid to say you think you did well, it's good to not always be self-deprecating! It is definitely difficult to self-assess how you've done because a lot of it is just about your natural behaviour and its either a good fit for Accenture or not (sorry!). The strengths interview again is very much about your instinctive response to questions and I certainly felt like I was giving the same answer over and over again so don't worry about that.Be enthusiastic throughout the day and good luck!

Congrats on your offer and thanks so much for the useful info! How long did you have to wait after your AC to hear the outcome?
Reply 9
Original post by lottiegrey
Congrats on your offer and thanks so much for the useful info! How long did you have to wait after your AC to hear the outcome?

They phoned me within a week but I think they said they'd email if you didn't get an offer and if you want feedback you can get that 2-3 weeks later.
If you are persuing the strategy route there is an additional round of interviews after that but you get an offer for the management consulting stream regardless. of the outcome of that.
Reply 10
Original post by Lark32

Hey!

Congratulations on getting an offer :smile:

I was hoping you could help - I appreciate you can't state exactly what questions were asked, but was it purely a strengths based interview or was it mixed with the standard questions too like 'Why accenture, why this role, what are some projects Accenture have done etc?
Reply 11
Yep, there was why Accenture and consulting but that was it on that side from memory. There were also a couple of situational judgement questions but largely the strengths based questions. A lot of it was quite similar to the online simulation exercise that you did as part of the application process in terms of questions, such as about how you would go about researching a new topic etc.
From what I have read so far it seems this is not like the other consulting interviews? where they focus heavy on case studies?

Also any tips on dress code for the day? The only formal thing I have is a dark grey blazer with a white shirt.
Reply 13
Original post by elias_123
From what I have read so far it seems this is not like the other consulting interviews? where they focus heavy on case studies?

Also any tips on dress code for the day? The only formal thing I have is a dark grey blazer with a white shirt.

Hey

There are definitely no case studies as I asked the recruiter in the q+a session (you will probably get invited to a Q+A session closer to your AC date). I posted what to expect from the Accenture AC on the Accenture Recruitment 2020 thread - Theres alot more other info on that thread too, here's the link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6037400

The dress code is smart casual
Hello everyone, I just wanted to know for the tech discussion in the assessment centre, are we supposed to talk about all the technologies under DARQ or just one technology?
Reply 15
You only talk about one of them in detail - not enough time for more!
Reply 16
Would it be right to assume the format of the discussion would roughly be:

Trend: a chosen trend from the Tech vision report I.e DARQ, Get to Know Me, Human + Worker, Secure US to Secure Me, My Markets

Tech: One/more of your chosen DARQ technologies that can be used to facilitate the above trend

Industry: a specific Industry Accenture works within where this can be applied

This is what I gathered from the instructions we were sent! Hope it’s somewhat along the right lines
Reply 17
I'd say focus less on the first trend point - I spoke about what one of the DARQ technologies was, an application for it in a particular industry and why it would be advantageous to do so and finally briefly about what other industries it could be similarly applied to as the technology matures. You need to show an understanding of what the tech is/how it works to an extent but then demonstrate your independent thinking and ability to consider the advantages and potential risks of the application, not regurgitating what their tech vision is.
Reply 18
Original post by Lark32
I'd say focus less on the first trend point - I spoke about what one of the DARQ technologies was, an application for it in a particular industry and why it would be advantageous to do so and finally briefly about what other industries it could be similarly applied to as the technology matures. You need to show an understanding of what the tech is/how it works to an extent but then demonstrate your independent thinking and ability to consider the advantages and potential risks of the application, not regurgitating what their tech vision is.

Thank you, that’s definitely helpful!
I have a assessment centre coming up i was just wandering for the specific role that you are applying to if there is only one assessment or multiple and they select candidates from each does anyone know?

Also for the tech discussions from what i gathered is that you pick a technology they highlight in their reports and then you talk about advantages and how it is applicable to industries they work with?

In-addition, one thing i have struggled with previous assessment centres is that some companies want a very knowledgeable person and some want someone who is fresh and is ready to learn i got these mixed up at a different company and missed my chance unfortunately... is there anything specific Accenture look for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending