The Student Room Group

Is getting a haircut once a week weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zed03
Are u a female or male? I understand females don't need to cut their often. If you are a male you must be going for the Jesus look

I had a teacher in high school who rocked the Jesus look very well :tongue:
I'm a girl though :yes:
Original post by Glaz
You're 16 years old and you've never had a haircut?! How long is your hair :eek4:

not too too long i've got african/caribbean hair (explains why i've never cut it?)
Reply 22
Original post by Zed03
How often do you get a haircut then?

like every 1 to 2 months.
Reply 23
Original post by Fresher18
I get one every 4-6 weeks depending on length, season and my finances couldn’t afford to go once a week especially at £12 per cut.

Yeah the money would be a problem if it was my parents paying for it but I pay for it with my part time job
Original post by Zed03
I get a haircut once a week maybe even every 4 days and my parents find it very odd and call me crazy but I don't think that's the case. My haircut style is a medium fade on the side and a 5 blade on the top not too short but short a bit like a crewcut. Every time I get a haircut it gives such a good feeling like a fresh feeling and adds confidence. I also pay for them with my own money and it's £12 a cut

I wanted to know how often people cut their hair and what their hairstyle is and if once a week is abnormal.

Rah how old are u bro do u work aswell
Reply 25
Original post by 1st superstar
not too too long i've got african/caribbean hair (explains why i've never cut it?)

Ahhhh the afro, that's fine sometimes it suits people to not get their haircut often
Reply 26
Original post by Glaz
I had a teacher in high school who rocked the Jesus look very well :tongue:
I'm a girl though :yes:

That explains it, most girls I know cut theirs every few months apart from the ones with the crazy hairstyles
Original post by Zed03
Excessive? If I could get a haircut every day I would, actually maybe that would be a bit stupid but you gotta maintain the fade

Haha well everyone is different anyway and I guess it just matters more/less to people, still not super weird though
Reply 28
Original post by Ciel.
like every 1 to 2 months.

What hairstyle do you go for? In guessing just a trim?
Original post by Zed03
I get a haircut once a week maybe even every 4 days and my parents find it very odd and call me crazy but I don't think that's the case. My haircut style is a medium fade on the side and a 5 blade on the top not too short but short a bit like a crewcut. Every time I get a haircut it gives such a good feeling like a fresh feeling and adds confidence. I also pay for them with my own money and it's £12 a cut

I wanted to know how often people cut their hair and what their hairstyle is and if once a week is abnormal.

Pulling all the gyal
Reply 30
Original post by FreshPrince102
Rah how old are u bro do u work aswell

I'm 16, I work so I can pay for my gym membership, haircuts and clothes. Saving up for a car too
Reply 31
Original post by FreshPrince102
Pulling all the gyal

Yh yh u know what's up. Major pulling technique, get regular haircuts
Define “normal”

If it makes you feel fresh and confident, go for it and don’t worry about what others think! I would say it’s a little expensive rather than weird, but it’s your money and you do what you want with it.
Reply 33
I have had the same barber for 10 years since I was 6. He knows me like a family member always knows what haircut I want so the awkwardness is not there
Sounds like a waste of money personally, but if you enjoy it then you do you.

I only get mine cut around every 7 weeks.
Original post by Zed03
Because I was reading the other threads and people were saying crazy stuff like once every 2-3 months. Just the thought makes me shudder😂😂

Everyone is different and has different styles - if I have the time, I will have a haircut once every 2 weeks, and I'll style my beard twice a week. however, I can get away with having a haircut once a month because of the style of my hair - it's long.
Original post by Zed03
The second my sides start growing I cut them, gotta keep fresh

Yeah I get that but my hair just looks the same after a week, I guess it just grows slow.
Original post by Zed03
Nah I ain't cutting air, I get a zero on the side (bald) and short hair on the top. It looks messed up when u let it grow after 1 week Al the lines fade away I like to keep it sharp

I have the comb over fade with shaved sides if you look at my profile. So I get ya. But I doubt ppl will mug you off if you let it grow for like two weeks. It don't look sharp though, true lol
Reply 38
Original post by Bang Outta Order
I have the comb over fade with shaved sides if you look at my profile. So I get ya. But I doubt ppl will mug you off if you let it grow for like two weeks. It don't look sharp though, true lol

Yh you have a similar trim to me so u get it lol. A lot of people have different styles though so the time they get it cut doesn't really correlate to me
Reply 39
Original post by FurtherMaths2020
Everyone is different and has different styles - if I have the time, I will have a haircut once every 2 weeks, and I'll style my beard twice a week. however, I can get away with having a haircut once a month because of the style of my hair - it's long.

Yep different styles different cutting times

Quick Reply

Latest