The Student Room Group

Who is your favourite musician?

Which is your favourate musician?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Remijack

Oooh good question! I would probably say Taylor Swift. Great music, genuinely talented, generous and an all round wholesome person (or at least, as far as I can tell without personally knowing her).

Best wishes,
Eric Stewart from 10cc. Gorgeous and talented as well.
Hozier atm, he was my Top Artist on my Spotify Wrapped last year :smile:
Moved to Music :h:

Favourite artist is Bruce Springsteen and favourite band is Pink Floyd :tongue:

Mike Oldfield
I find it so hard to pick a favourite musician rather than band, but probably Peter Gabriel
Original post by cathasatail
Oooh good question! I would probably say Taylor Swift. Great music, genuinely talented, generous and an all round wholesome person (or at least, as far as I can tell without personally knowing her).

Best wishes,

i love her! i feel like with so much new music people have started to turn their backs to the artists who everyone danced to back in 2011 :smile:
Reply 8
Probably Frank Carter

or Ginger

Maybe Ihsahn

Or Abbath
Difficult question and even though he’s not put out anything decent in years it has to be Lil Wayne. Now I don’t listen to Lil Wayne much anymore and his new music is not good IMO but he has put out some serious heat, his “No Ceilings” mixtape is just so good its hard to really believe that god himself didn’t create it. His use of words is out of this world, you gotta think “how did he even come up with this”. Listen to his Rikers Island freestyle that he did over the damn phone whilst incarcerated, guys a genius tbh.
9791E51D-CE9E-4765-B425-3111EB49F72E.jpeg

Loads of them, but a significant one is John Williams - he did many famous tracks - SW, JP, Indiana Jones etc
Justin timberlake
Mike Portnoy. Great drummer, so much emotion behind his playing.
Original post by Arthur_Morgan

my #1 pick was Mike Oldfield, but if i was going to put a 2nd it would have been Petrucci!
Vision4k bc i stupidly relate to a lot of the stuff he says
Brandon flowers
Original post by Arthur_Morgan

I totally agree with you. Mike is my favorite artist. It was he who inspired me to start playing the drums. I am fond of playing the drums all year, but during this time I have achieved significant success. Now I'm looking at ear monitors for drummers, check it out. This is necessary for performing on stage in our city.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by KlarkDevlin
I totally agree with you. Mike is my favorite artist. It was he who inspired me to start playing the drums. I am fond of playing the drums all year, but during this time I have achieved significant success. Now I'm looking at Ear Monitors for Drummers, check it out. This is necessary for performing on stage in our city.

I've always wanted to pick up drumming ( due to Mike's influence) but I've never had the time or money. Good luck man, I hope you make it big someday :yy:
David Bowie. He could play guitar too and the number of great songs he wrote, many not household names, is unparalleled by any artist. Coupled with the stylistic and artistic changes, he is the full package.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest