The Student Room Group

Uni course or dance school?

Would love any advice! My daughter is mad about dance. She's also very bright. We can't work out whether it's worth her doing a degree in dance, or going to dance school age 18, or perhaps performing arts school as she also enjoys acting, distinctions with all LAMDA exams. If she were to do a Uni course she would like to do one which has the most amount of practical possible. Does anyone know of a Uni dance course with lots of dance practical? She loves all the elements of stage/film too... the make up, hair, photography etc! For A'Levels she's planning on taking photography, Performing Arts BTec with Dance option, and one other... we're also not sure if she's taking the right A'Levels in order to get on to a dance degree?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by dancemum
Would love any advice! My daughter is mad about dance. She's also very bright. We can't work out whether it's worth her doing a degree in dance, or going to dance school age 18, or perhaps performing arts school as she also enjoys acting, distinctions with all LAMDA exams. If she were to do a Uni course she would like to do one which has the most amount of practical possible. Does anyone know of a Uni dance course with lots of dance practical? She loves all the elements of stage/film too... the make up, hair, photography etc! For A'Levels she's planning on taking photography, Performing Arts BTec with Dance option, and one other... we're also not sure if she's taking the right A'Levels in order to get on to a dance degree?

Hi there!

I’m a third year actor-musician at Guildford School of Acting, but I know quite a few people who have gone to study specifically dance/performing arts at some amazing other colleges, so the following places would be worth considering considering for your daughter!

* Urdang
* Bird College
* Laine Theatre Arts
* Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance

These are the ones I know best and have a great reputation, so definitely worth having a look at these. They may not be right for your daughter as well though and that’s totally fine! I’m just recommending ones that I have heard good things about from my friends and colleagues.

I hope this helps! Best of luck for your daughter with it all and I’m sure whatever decision she makes will be the right decision for her :smile:

Best wishes,
Rose Warburton (she/her)
Actor-Musician, 3rd year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending