The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Chemistry Paper 1 and 2 (H) Revision and Study Chat

Welcome to the Edexcel Chemistry (H) Revision and Study Chat! :biggrin:

Exam dates:

Thursday 14th May - Paper 1
Wednesday 10th June - Paper 2

Comment below how you're feeling about these exams, what you're doing to prepare, any questions you have, etc :smile:

Good luck guys :biggrin:

@Evil Homer
Hey I want to be a vet but I've looked online and it says u only need biology to get into vet school but other people are saying u need chemistry? Need help on what u need to become a vet
Reply 3
Original post by StardustFalls
Hey I want to be a vet but I've looked online and it says u only need biology to get into vet school but other people are saying u need chemistry? Need help on what u need to become a vet

Generally for medicine chemistry is highly needed but I'm not sure about veterinary medicine
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by StardustFalls

Veterinary on the line of medicine and for that, you’ll need biology and chemistry
Original post by Bill Nye

Exam dates:

Comment below how you're feeling about these exams, what you're doing to prepare, any questions you have, etc :smile:

@Evil Homer

So nervous to be honest since chemistry is my best science so I have a lot of pressure to do well In it. What’s ur tips for revising this , I am not starting to only do past papers and if I mess up on a topic I go through it , thank you and good luck with yours !!!
Original post by I....need advice
So nervous to be honest since chemistry is my best science so I have a lot of pressure to do well In it. What’s ur tips for revising this , I am not starting to only do past papers and if I mess up on a topic I go through it , thank you and good luck with yours !!!

I think what you're doing is good. To make sure that you completely know a topic, I would try explaining it to someone else (or just pretend you're talking to someone else :laugh:) and making sure that you are able to explain each part of it. Look through the spec, and highlight / make a note of anything you're not sure of, and make sure you go over them. But tbh, past papers are the best way to revise. I personally like to make a single powerpoint slide with all the notes for a specific topic on them (but obviously fairly condensed), but I don't know how helpful this actually is :laugh:
Thanks - good luck for your exams :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
would it be any good to take this at a levels
what kinda jobs does chem lead up too
sorry i really havent a clue
i need helpppppp
Original post by Angel cake 55
would it be any good to take this at a levels
what kinda jobs does chem lead up too
sorry i really havent a clue
i need helpppppp

Yh its a prominent a level which must be taken to study medicine,dent vet etc. If you want to go into the medical field as a career then i would deffo do it.
Original post by Bill Nye

Exam dates:

@Evil Homer

Heyy! Woww time has gone so quick. i just want to go back in time when the only thing i was worried about was doing primary skl art progects. anyone good at organic chem?? i dont know why but i just find it so confusing😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending