The Student Room Group

How hard are UK GCSE

I am wondering after revising, how much work do you have to you have to put in to get decent grades and what jobs require high grades, not going uni doing an apprenticeship so how would this affect me thx in advance.
Even if you're not going to Uni trust me these grades will follow you around for the rest of your life, and doing well will pay off. I didn't do much work for year 10 and 11 (I assume you may be in the same position) and in the weeks after mocks where I did VERY badly and before the exams I did so much work I put an immense amount of emotional and physical strain on myself - I lost a lot of weight and had regular panic attacks, couldn't sleep etc. I wouldn't recommend this. I got decent/good grades and I'm glad I've got them because they're very useful in getting into college/sixth form and then getting any job later on. You need at least a C or equivalent in English and Maths to get basic jobs. I'd say try to get higher. if you know you can, get the best you're able. You'll want to be proud of what you get, and have grades you won't feel bad putting on a CV. Good grades WILL pay off.
Revision books will help, and youtube channels like Science with Hazel are extremely helpful (science with hazel helped me go from Cs to As in science i sh*t you not). You will need to put in work and it will suck but it's not for very long. If you get study leave USE it and don't go out and have fun - the fun doesn't last forever. You're more likely to earn more money if you have better grades too.
Reply 2
Original post by coconuter
Even if you're not going to Uni trust me these grades will follow you around for the rest of your life, and doing well will pay off. I didn't do much work for year 10 and 11 (I assume you may be in the same position) and in the weeks after mocks where I did VERY badly and before the exams I did so much work I put an immense amount of emotional and physical strain on myself - I lost a lot of weight and had regular panic attacks, couldn't sleep etc. I wouldn't recommend this. I got decent/good grades and I'm glad I've got them because they're very useful in getting into college/sixth form and then getting any job later on. You need at least a C or equivalent in English and Maths to get basic jobs. I'd say try to get higher. if you know you can, get the best you're able. You'll want to be proud of what you get, and have grades you won't feel bad putting on a CV. Good grades WILL pay off.
Revision books will help, and youtube channels like Science with Hazel are extremely helpful (science with hazel helped me go from Cs to As in science i sh*t you not). You will need to put in work and it will suck but it's not for very long. If you get study leave USE it and don't go out and have fun - the fun doesn't last forever. You're more likely to earn more money if you have better grades too.

thank you very much i will take your advice into consideration thx. But lmao ur name is a little dodge if u split the coco and nuter bit lol, anyways im gonna try and get 6 to 7 so maybe lower depends on my cfs atm, the job i want dosnt rly require grades(real estate agent) since if u can source a deals and sell ur pretty much good to go. but its good for discipline 100% and eventually once ive got the hang of it after a few months ill leave the estate agents and work for myself cant wait tbh
Original post by WangGanie
thank you very much i will take your advice into consideration thx. But lmao ur name is a little dodge if u split the coco and nuter bit lol, anyways im gonna try and get 6 to 7 so maybe lower depends on my cfs atm, the job i want dosnt rly require grades(real estate agent) since if u can source a deals and sell ur pretty much good to go. but its good for discipline 100% and eventually once ive got the hang of it after a few months ill leave the estate agents and work for myself cant wait tbh

yeah i know my name is weird. can't even remember why I chose it.
Reply 4
Original post by coconuter
yeah i know my name is weird. can't even remember why I chose it.

yh rename urself to WangGangNuter or WangGangCocoNuter or WangGangCoco, whichever one tickles your pickle, i gave u a sub and rep :smile:
ha

Original post by WangGanie
yh rename urself to WangGangNuter or WangGangCocoNuter or WangGangCoco, whichever one tickles your pickle, i gave u a sub and rep :smile:

haha thanks bro

Quick Reply

Latest