The Student Room Group
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton

Official University of Bolton Applicant Thread 2020

Hey everyone! :wavey: Are you applying to the University of Bolton for 2020 entry?

This thread is for University of Bolton applicants to chat and meet with other applicants during the application process. :thumbsup:

:woo: For more applicant threads, please check this huge list of 2020 applicant threads HERE! :woo:

Here's a template to introduce yourself. Feel free to share as much or as little as you would like :redface:

What course are you applying for:
What other universities are you thinking of:
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades:
GCSE and AS grades:
Extra curriculars:

Good luck with your application! :rave:
@University of Bolton @Puddles the Monkey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello
Student relaxing in halls, University of Bolton
University of Bolton
Bolton
Guess no one is applying to Bolton- I wonder why
Original post by Anonymous
Guess no one is applying to Bolton- I wonder why

I was gonna sayyy sksks
I live here and my college is right next to the uni which is right in the small small town,yo Im not gonna get started its a **** whole save yourself
Original post by ryandavis97
I would avoid going to this university. I have known people who go there.

Thick. As. A. Brick.

Tutoring is sh!te and they pass any old bullish!t that people send in as an ‘essay’ lol

what he saidd
Hi!

I'm Nicole, I currently go to College in Manchester but I live like an hour away lol.

What course are you applying for: VFX

What other universities are you thinking of: Bradford Uni and possibly Leeds Trinity?

A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: D*D*D*

GCSE and AS grades: Only one relevant to the course I am applying for is Art to which, I got a 9 :smile:

Extra curriculars: Ive got two jobs, so no time for that :frown:
Hey! I'm going to Bolton Uni in 2020 and I was wondering if anyone else has applied to it aswell? ^^

I will be staying in Orlando Village (its all reserved, and ive had my course interview. Just waiting to hear back :smile: )
I thought this was the worst ranked university in the UK?

I've been there, talked to the tutors and compared the course at Bolton to all my other options. I am really happy with my choice at Bolton.
Reply 9
Original post by Nikkimeme
I've been there, talked to the tutors and compared the course at Bolton to all my other options. I am really happy with my choice at Bolton.

What course have you applied for?
Reply 10
I've applied for Bolton to study dental technology. How did you find the university?
I was gonna sayyy sksks
I live here and my college is right next to the uni which is right in the small small town,yo Im not gonna get started its a **** whole save yourself

lmaooo my college is next to bolton uni aswell, ur right wouldn’t recommend anyone to come here
Reply 12
lmaooo my college is next to bolton uni aswell, ur right wouldn’t recommend anyone to come here

Why?
From their website it shows they are top for certain things including Student satisfaction.
Original post by Nazbe
Why?
From their website it shows they are top for certain things including Student satisfaction.

Tbf it’s probably not that bad as a uni student and i can only speak about college, there’s still lots to do and it’s cheap it’s just i’ve lived here for 19 years so you can imagine.
Original post by Nazbe
Why?

What exactly are you looking for or looking to do?
Original post by Nikkimeme

It’s really not as bad as people make out!! I go to Bolton there’s still good social life, nights out, loads of food places near the uni, the accom is really close to the campus, everything’s cheap, 2 min walk from big supermarkets so easy to get food etc.
Reply 16
What exactly are you looking for or looking to do?

Looking to study dental technology. There's only 2 university that do this course close to home. I heard mixed views about the university. I haven't been to the university for an open day or anything so literally going off what others have to say about it.
Original post by Nazbe
Looking to study dental technology. There's only 2 university that do this course close to home. I heard mixed views about the university. I haven't been to the university for an open day or anything so literally going off what others have to say about it.

It’s not as bad as people make out i was just exaggerating, i’m only in college but it’s the university college so i’ve been in a few times it’s honestly fine there’s still good social life and accommodation is super cheap and close, also 2 min walk from the big supermarkets so you’ll never have to go far for stuff and about 10 min walk to the town centre with the shopping places and clubs. Also loads of food places around the uni and i know people who have come to the uni and enjoyed it.
Reply 18
Original post by Nazbe

My mum went there to do her degree she met some lovely friends there, her friend is doing her masters there currently and i am starting Sept to do social work. I am from Bolton and I hear good and bad things but you get that anywhere. My mum and her friend enjoyed their time there and haven't spoke badly about it, I don't think my mum would let me go somewhere for three years if it was not up to it. The dental part of the uni is quite new so I imagine its all state of the art. The uni is growing and has started to teach new courses to compete with other unis.

its in the top 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending