The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100/A101 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Newcastle University A100/A101 2020 Offer Holders.

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'll start us off!
Congratulations everyone! I am A101 and look forward to meeting you all at the offer holders day in April :smile:
Who's thinking of Newcastle as a firm choice?
Original post by beanie703
I'll start us off!
Congratulations everyone! I am A101 and look forward to meeting you all at the offer holders day in April :smile:
Who's thinking of Newcastle as a firm choice?

Congrats! I’m so relieved that the wait is finally over.

I’m currently living in the North East so Newcastle has been my first choice from the start so I’ll definitely be accepting it as firm, how about yourself?
Original post by JakeyLank
Congrats! I’m so relieved that the wait is finally over.

I’m currently living in the North East so Newcastle has been my first choice from the start so I’ll definitely be accepting it as firm, how about yourself?

It’s a weight off our shoulders, isn’t it!
I have only applied to Newcastle and Warwick. I plan for firm Newcastle but live sort of near Dover though so almost couldn’t be further away haha! Do you plan to commute then?
Original post by beanie703
It’s a weight off our shoulders, isn’t it!
I have only applied to Newcastle and Warwick. I plan for firm Newcastle but live sort of near Dover though so almost couldn’t be further away haha! Do you plan to commute then?

That’s a bit of a trek! I’m waiting on a response from Warwick and I did have an interview for Southampton but I’m not going to that anymore!

I’ll be looking at uni accommodation - I’m only up here because I went to Durham Uni and found a job close by so I’m actually just living by myself at the moment
Original post by JakeyLank
That’s a bit of a trek! I’m waiting on a response from Warwick and I did have an interview for Southampton but I’m not going to that anymore!

I’ll be looking at uni accommodation - I’m only up here because I went to Durham Uni and found a job close by so I’m actually just living by myself at the moment

Ah accommodation is stressing me out haha! I can’t decide whether to do student accom or just buy and let the other rooms 😩 I just don’t know the area well enough!
Reply 6
Hey guys! Congrats on your offers, I'm A101 too. I loved Newcastle when I visited but I'm from Essex so it's pretty far. I'm still going to attend my last 2 interviews (Southampton and Barts), and wait for Warwick's reply, then I'll make my decision. Just sooo relieved that even if I screw all the others up, I'm deffo going to Med school this year!
Hello fellow A101-ers :smile: congratulations everyone on your offers!

I'm genuinely shocked - I'd pretty much written off Newcastle as it is so selective and I'm still struggling to process haha. I loved Newcastle, I think it's my favourite, but I'm living in Loughborough at the moment so I think if Nottingham were to give me an offer I'd be thinking hard about what to do, but that's all a maybe-worry for the future! Just over the moon I will be studying Medicine in September!
Reply 8
I was pretty surprised to get an offer to be honest!! Given the over-subscription for places I was very pleased!

It was the only Uni I applied to as for various reasons I couldn't apply to others, but coincidentally it's also where I am studying now. I'm looking forward to spending more time in the Toon, it's a great place to live!
anyone know when the offer holder day is?
Original post by molloy150
anyone know when the offer holder day is?

Supposedly sometime in April - one day for undergrads and one for accelerated :smile:
I’ve also received an offer but was previously under the impression no offers were sent out till March- have only a few been given out so far? Thanks
Original post by wwwhitmarsh1
I’ve also received an offer but was previously under the impression no offers were sent out till March- have only a few been given out so far? Thanks

if that’s a100 then quite a lot of offers have been given out, they’re coming through at random times but they finished the interviews early so i guess they sent offers out early
Hi everyone, congrats on your offers! I'm an a101 offer holder and Newcastle is my top choice!
Original post by cupboard3
Hi everyone, congrats on your offers! I'm an a101 offer holder and Newcastle is my top choice!

Congrats! See you there then!! 😬
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by wwwhitmarsh1

Yes I thought the same but also now have an offer! I think we should just be glad we have an offer and not worry about how many have been given out so far :smile:
Hey! I got an offer today, looking forward to maybe meeting you all in the future!
Does anyone know if grads can request to live in dorms with other grads? I'm only 21 so it's not the end of the world if I'm living with 18 year olds, but I'd prefer to live with other grads. Thanks 😊😊
Original post by VoteLabour
Does anyone know if grads can request to live in dorms with other grads? I'm only 21 so it's not the end of the world if I'm living with 18 year olds, but I'd prefer to live with other grads. Thanks 😊😊

i think that newcastle accommodation is split between postgrads and undergrads, have a look but there’s definitely accommodation for just postgrads
Original post by VoteLabour

As far as I’ve seen, if you’re over 25 you can get in with postgrads. I’ll be 24 by September so my plan was to bring the topic up at the applicants day and see if a group of us could get some student housing off campus together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending