The Student Room Group

Newcastle A100/A101 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by molloy150
i think that newcastle accommodation is split between postgrads and undergrads, have a look but there’s definitely accommodation for just postgrads

Thank you 😊
Original post by beanie703
As far as I’ve seen, if you’re over 25 you can get in with postgrads. I’ll be 24 by September so my plan was to bring the topic up at the applicants day and see if a group of us could get some student housing off campus together

Oh sweet, are you going onto A100 or A101? It looks cheaper just to get a house with random people, but it's finding the random people that is the difficult part haha
Original post by VoteLabour
Oh sweet, are you going onto A100 or A101? It looks cheaper just to get a house with random people, but it's finding the random people that is the difficult part haha

I’m A101 :smile:
C1EF99DF-CDA2-4D34-B85A-698769DC285E.jpeg
i’m a bit confused about where to find the questionnaire and about the dbs check, do we organise that or do newcastle?
Original post by molloy150
C1EF99DF-CDA2-4D34-B85A-698769DC285E.jpeg
i’m a bit confused about where to find the questionnaire and about the dbs check, do we organise that or do newcastle?

I think they will send us an email with the form so we will fill it in and send it off. I got the offer email from them today which said they'll send another email soon.
Anyone help? If I get an offer from Leeds too I don’t know how I’m going to decide between the two!! I prefer Leeds’ course (dissection, medical language modules) but Newcastle as a uni/city. Anyone shed some light?? Congrats on all offers and good luck to those waiting :smile:
Original post by llllllllllleeeee
Anyone help? If I get an offer from Leeds too I don’t know how I’m going to decide between the two!! I prefer Leeds’ course (dissection, medical language modules) but Newcastle as a uni/city. Anyone shed some light?? Congrats on all offers and good luck to those waiting :smile:

Anything wrong with Leeds as a city? No offence to Newcastle of course, I'm just personally more familiar with Leeds so will be happy to answer if you have any questions about that. Don't want to take this too off topic of course.

But yes, that's no light rail / metro system in West Yorkshire (for now).

Post originally created by ecolier.
Reply 26
got my accelerated graduate entry offer yesterday , having had my interview last week. chuffed with the quick turnaround, takes the pressure off my next interview next week at Southampton. congrats everyone else its a long process from UCAT to interview to offer you have all done very well to recieve offers for this excellent course in a great city
Pleased to have an offer as it is such a long process. Hopefully the offer holder day is somewhen I can make as it would be good to get a bit more of a perspective on everything as I’ve been to Newcastle a few times but never an open day as I haven’t been able to make them
Does anyone know if grads can request to live in dorms with other grads? I'm only 21 so it's not the end of the world if I'm living with 18 year olds, but I'd prefer to live with other grads. Thanks 😊😊

As far as I’ve seen, if you’re over 25 you can get in with postgrads. I’ll be 24 by September so my plan was to bring the topic up at the applicants day and see if a group of us could get some student housing off campus together

I'll be 23 in September: living with 18 year olds is not what I had in mind! Keep me posted on any housing ideas :smile:
Original post by Molly_xox
I'll be 23 in September: living with 18 year olds is not what I had in mind! Keep me posted on any housing ideas :smile:

I’m sure it will be a popular topic at the open day, it’s certainly on my agenda!
Original post by Molly_xox

For sure will do, I've joined the newcastle offer holders page on facebook and I'm gonna just stalk it until September to try and find some housemates haha

I live about 10 minutes from Newcastle so moving out seems like it doesn't make sense, but it works out at about the same price with regards to how much more maintenance loan I would get 😁
(edited 4 years ago)
For sure will do, I've joined the newcastle offer holders page on facebook and I'm gonna just stalk it until September to try and find some housemates haha

I live about 10 minutes from Newcastle so moving out seems like it doesn't make sense, but it works out at about the same price with regards to how much more maintenance loan I would get 😁

For someone who has very little knowledge about housing prices outside of London/Essex, what's the average weekly rent price like in Newcastle (or wherever you would live as a student)?
Original post by Marni_
For someone who has very little knowledge about housing prices outside of London/Essex, what's the average weekly rent price like in Newcastle (or wherever you would live as a student)?

Around Jesmond area which is where the majority of students live, you should easily find a room in a 5+ bedroom house for 70+ quid a week (often cheaper but the houses won't be amazing obviously haha) so it is so much cheaper. I did my UG in the South and paid 630+ a month so it's a massive difference.

I would advise against Uni student accommodation because this starts at around 100 quid.
(edited 4 years ago)
Is there a date for medicine offer holder day? Don’t want to call up and delay them processing people’s offers 🤣 but I’ve checked website and can’t see anything specific for medicine.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Polkadot2018
Is there a date for medicine offer holder day? Don’t want to call up and delay them processing people’s offers 🤣 but I’ve checked website and can’t see anything specific for medicine.

They are sending emails with this info out soon, you should receive a congratulations on your offer email and it will tell you this 😊 well done on your offer!
They are sending emails with this info out soon, you should receive a congratulations on your offer email and it will tell you this 😊 well done on your offer!

Ok thanks. Just saw somebody mention an April date so wasn’t sure if this had already been released somewhere and I’m just not seeing it. Congrats on your offer too! 👍
Coronavirus patients being treated in RV hospital next to uni, one of only 4 suitably equipped hospitals in the country.

Current medics there must be buzzing.
Ok thanks. Just saw somebody mention an April date so wasn’t sure if this had already been released somewhere and I’m just not seeing it. Congrats on your offer too! 👍

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/sme/study/undergraduate/admissions/#selectionprocess

This was the link that mentioned an offer holder day in April! ☺️
Original post by DGeorge13
Pleased to have an offer as it is such a long process. Hopefully the offer holder day is somewhen I can make as it would be good to get a bit more of a perspective on everything as I’ve been to Newcastle a few times but never an open day as I haven’t been able to make them

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/sme/study/undergraduate/admissions/#selectionprocess

This was the link that mentioned an offer holder day in April! ☺️

If I’m not mistaken, there is no offer holder open day for medicine. The email from Newcastle confirming the offer says “Offer Holder Days are held by departments which don't interview applicants”, so assume medicine does not have one as they interview. Not sure why though as I’m pretty sure there was one last year....
Original post by llllllllllleeeee
If I’m not mistaken, there is no offer holder open day for medicine. The email from Newcastle confirming the offer says “Offer Holder Days are held by departments which don't interview applicants”, so assume medicine does not have one as they interview. Not sure why though as I’m pretty sure there was one last year....

That link is to the school of medical education admissions - I think the email we got was a blanket uni email rather than a school-specific! Here’s to hoping we get one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending