The Student Room Group

Trump bans Chinese from entering US due to Coronavirus

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Guru Jason
I'd consider myself somewhat a lefty and I agree with this move. This isn't a conspiracy against China. It's a measure against helping to stop the spread of infection.

Exactly especially considering those poor people would have been fined with a huge medical bill afterwards...
Original post by Blooper859
The passengers were given a full health screening before and after they boarded the plane, and monitored throughout entire journey as well as the buses being given a deep cleaning. I think you are being a bit selfish, could see it a different story if it was your daughter/son over there. On that note you should also be complaining that the UK hasn’t blocked all flights from China? They’re were likely not transferred to the nearest hospital as it wouldn’t have the right staff/ facilities to properly quarantine and monitor them.

There are reasons for what the UK is doing and I’m sure they have devised a better plan than what you could. Otherwise you would be working for hospitals/government and helping them come up with a better idea right? .... right?

PRSOM
Reply 42
Original post by gogotru
Trump has banned people who have visited China in the last 14 days from entering the US due to the Coronavirus:

nytimes.com/2020/01/31/business/china-travel-coronavirus.html

I wonder when the Lefties will have their meltdown about this lol

Correct course of action however, it has come too late. Unfortunately, there are already cases of coronavirus in the United States.
Original post by Blooper859
The passengers were given a full health screening before and after they boarded the plane, and monitored throughout entire journey as well as the buses being given a deep cleaning. I think you are being a bit selfish, could see it a different story if it was your daughter/son over there. On that note you should also be complaining that the UK hasn’t blocked all flights from China? They’re were likely not transferred to the nearest hospital as it wouldn’t have the right staff/ facilities to properly quarantine and monitor them.

There are reasons for what the UK is doing and I’m sure they have devised a better plan than what you could. Otherwise you would be working for hospitals/government and helping them come up with a better idea right? .... right?

Personally i think it is far more selfish to transfer a load of potentially infectious people right next to a hospital crammed with expectant mothers and frail elderly people. What if it was your son or daughter in the hospital? Stop with the hypothetical and trying to take the superior moral standpoint.
The buses can be cleaned as much as they want, the drivers should have been wearing protective equipment to transfer them and they should have been transferred to a quarantined area close to the airport. The location they are in is not an expert in quarantined areas, that is in liverpool which they will have to be transported to again if they start to present symptoms.
The UK should prevent all flights from china, it's sensible to do so in this situation, and yes that includes my friend who is currently in china.
The government has ulterior motives such as money and time to consider, the comment about me working is entirely unnecessary since i am at university. If you can't debate without resorting to ad hominem attacks then i have no business discussing this with you anymore.

Original post by princetonalec
So the laws against being LGBT in public aren't enough to secure them as some sort of anti-gay pogrom? Russia is dangerous to live in if you're gay, thats why people are requesting help to get out.
Also Chechnya is not a separate entity from Russia? It's a Russian republic.

This thread has nothing to do with Russia or LGBT
Original post by CoolCavy
Personally i think it is far more selfish to transfer a load of potentially infectious people right next to a hospital crammed with expectant mothers and frail elderly people. What if it was your son or daughter in the hospital? Stop with the hypothetical and trying to take the superior moral standpoint.
The buses can be cleaned as much as they want, the drivers should have been wearing protective equipment to transfer them and they should have been transferred to a quarantined area close to the airport. The location they are in is not an expert in quarantined areas, that is in liverpool which they will have to be transported to again if they start to present symptoms.
The UK should prevent all flights from china, it's sensible to do so in this situation, and yes that includes my friend who is currently in china.
The government has ulterior motives such as money and time to consider, the comment about me working is entirely unnecessary since i am at university. If you can't debate without resorting to ad hominem attacks then i have no business discussing this with you anymore.

This thread has nothing to do with Russia or LGBT

Stop playing victim, yes you’ve stated your opinion but as I said they were health screened before and after they boarded the plane so they aren’t infected, and they are being quarantined and monitored as a further precaution, ok it’s your opinion what the government is doing is wrong and you can speculate all you want about their reasons but I’m glad it’s professionals handling this and not you.
So I thought this would be a discussion about how this is really a knee-jerk reaction reminiscent of America's meltdown over ebola, but I also expected an adult conversation about how this isn't out of the ordinary for Trump since he often jumps the gun and just bans everyone before knowing the full scope of a situation.
But if you guys wanna bang on about lefties don't let me stop you!

Oh shut up . He did the right thing stop hating. What do you want him to do? Openly greet the virus ? Lmao
He did exactly the right thing with the bonus that he will look strong and decisive to every non lefty including millions of floating voters.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Just my opinion
He did exactly the right thing with the bonus that he will look string and decisive to every non lefty including millions of floating voters.

For once I agree with you lol
Reply 48
So the laws against being LGBT in public aren't enough to secure them as some sort of anti-gay pogrom? Russia is dangerous to live in if you're gay, thats why people are requesting help to get out.
Also Chechnya is not a separate entity from Russia? It's a Russian republic.

Well only if youll then concede that Britain was waging an anti gay pogrom until very recently. And even then no as being vaguely discriminatory against gays is not the same as putting them all against the nearest wall, something you are inferring.
I said should be treated as a separate entity. It may titularly be part of the Russian Federation but it most certainly is not the same as living in Russia proper.
Original post by 1st superstar
For once I agree with you lol

Thank you kind sir, may I have another?
So I thought this would be a discussion about how this is really a knee-jerk reaction reminiscent of America's meltdown over ebola, but I also expected an adult conversation about how this isn't out of the ordinary for Trump since he often jumps the gun and just bans everyone before knowing the full scope of a situation.
But if you guys wanna bang on about lefties don't let me stop you!

People are dying and you're worried about the word leftie. Smh just like a leftie.
If Trump found the cure for cancer many on the left in the US would call him racist for not curing sickle cell anemia first.
Don't expect a reasoned response from them regarding this announcement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending