The Student Room Group

First academic report for cognitive psychology.. Please help!

Hi all, im studying an access to HE course and this is my latest assignment:

"Write an academic report which demonstrates your understanding of the key models and theories of cognitive psychology.

You must include an evaluation of contrasting psychological models in relation to memory, and discuss some of the contrasting research studies in this area.

You must also include discussion which shows how cognitive psychology has influenced practice in an area of applied psychology with particular reference to dementia."

the report sections are:
terms of reference
research methodology
findings
conclusion
recommendations

PLEASE can anyone suggest what information/content to put in each of the sections?

TIA
I'm currently working on this same assignment I think! Did you ever get any response to this? :smile:
I wrote an article for TSR on psych lab reports which might be of some help

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/advice/how-to-write-a-lab-report-for-psychology
Original post by back_to_studying
I'm currently working on this same assignment I think! Did you ever get any response to this? :smile:

Hi did you complete this??
Hello. I am new to this site and I am not allowed to send private messages. I would really have loved to help you on the question. Thank you
Original post by early202021
Hello. I am new to this site and I am not allowed to send private messages. I would really have loved to help you on the question. Thank you

How can you help?
Original post by kayleighbee
How can you help?

Yes. Please send a private message so that I can guide you on what is supposed to be done.
Original post by early202021
Yes. Please send a private message so that I can guide you on what is supposed to be done.

I can’t send private msgs 😫 how else can I talk to you??
Hi
Is this an essay or a lab report? I was going to make a suggestion but am a bit confused re the research methodology section…
Re the dementia section - dementia related to brain processes and this cognitive theory has been applied to the understanding of dementia & its treatments /interventions (I’m not sure of the specific interventions for dementia but much like CBT treatment for depression, cognitive theory has been applied to how support is provided to dementia patients.
Hope this helps

Shazz
Proof Me (proofreading service for students)
@ProofmeUK

Latest

Trending

Trending