The Student Room Group

Psychology at Leicester

What's the difference between psychology and applied psychology at Leicester uni?
Original post by drag0nslyr
What's the difference between psychology and applied psychology at Leicester uni?
Hi there!

The first year in both applied psychology and psychology course are similar, however the difference between the two begins in year 2 of your course.

Applied Psychology will have more core modules that look into topics related to professional psychology and you will take part in a research project in applied psychology. Whereas in BSc Psychology you have a more broad option of what research project you would like to take part of.

So there are more core modules within Applied Psychology whereas Psychology you have option of choosing from more optional modules. I'd suggest comparing between the modules in both to help you understand more and pick one.

Also, the course is flexible enough for you to transfer from BSc Psychology to BSc Applied Psychology and vice versa at the end of your first year if that is something you would like to do!

Have you applied to study Psychology at Leicester?

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions about psychology at Leicester as I am a current Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience student :smile:

Best wishes,
Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience student

Quick Reply

Latest