The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Causeway view Aberdeen (unite)

I’m moving into Causeway view for this academic year (September 2019) for my first year at Aberdeen university. I was just wondering what it’s like living there and if it worth it or should I just go to Hillhead. I’m slightly worried about not meeting many other freshers.

Do freshers also stay in causeway view and what’s the social life like?

Thank you
I am also staying in causeway view this year, in one of the studios and I'm going into my 4th and final year. in my first year, I stayed in Hillhead and had the best time but I also had friends who stayed in many of the unite buildings. Causeway view is just different as it is not exclusively for freshers so you may find you will meet people from all different courses and years but I wouldn't stress about not meeting people from your own year. There will be plenty!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Hello! Sorry for jumping into this conversation, but I am also planning on moving to causeway view and my biggest concern is that it seems quite far from foresthill campus (30 min walk).
Is there a bus stop nearby that takes you to foresthill? Is it free for medical students?
Any advice/personal experience is very much appreciated!
G.
Original post by Giulsti
Hello! Sorry for jumping into this conversation, but I am also planning on moving to causeway view and my biggest concern is that it seems quite far from foresthill campus (30 min walk).
Is there a bus stop nearby that takes you to foresthill? Is it free for medical students?
G.

If you live in Hillhead, there's a free bus going to Foresterhill and there's also a free bus from the SDR library
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
If you live in Hillhead, there's a free bus going to Foresterhill and there's also a free bus from the SDR library

Thank you so much for replying!
Do you know the ‘transportation situation’ for causeway?
Original post by Giulsti
Thank you so much for replying!
Do you know the ‘transportation situation’ for causeway?

There are busses you can take that will take you to Foresterhill, but the bus connections in Aberdeen really aren't great, and the busses here are insanely expensive. I almost never take them, but I think a return ticket if 4 pounds, and that is insane. I think a single is 2.70

Causeway View is pretty close to the centre of Aberdeen, but the centre of Aberdeen is ugly af. Especially in winter it can get really depressing because everything is just so so grey.
Maybe have a look on google maps street view and walk to the city centre from Causeway, and you'll see what I'm talking about
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
There are busses you can take that will take you to Foresterhill, but the bus connections in Aberdeen really aren't great, and the busses here are insanely expensive. I almost never take them, but I think a return ticket if 4 pounds, and that is insane. I think a single is 2.70

Causeway View is pretty close to the centre of Aberdeen, but the centre of Aberdeen is ugly af. Especially in winter it can get really depressing because everything is just so so grey.
Maybe have a look on google maps street view and walk to the city centre from Causeway, and you'll see what I'm talking about

Thank you very much for your help!! :smile:
Original post by Giulsti
G.

Hello,

Thank you for booking to stay with Unite Students Aberdeen at our Causeway View property in 20/21.

There is a bus stop outside the front of Causeway View where the number 23 stops, this bus will take you to the Hospital grounds where the Foresthill Campus is. You can purchase a Student Bus Pass on the First Bus App, the prices vary depending on the duration of the bus pass you choose.

Alternatively, there is a free bus to the Foresthill Campus that runs from the University of Aberdeen which is a short walk from Causeway View.

You can follow us on Instagram at @us_causewayview

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about Causeway View or Student Life in Aberdeen.

Kind Regards,

Louise
Your Unite Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending