The Student Room Group

Newcastle Asylum Decision Makers job

Hey, has anyone else applied for the the home office job in Newcastle?
Reply 1
I applied for Newcastle as well as the earlier vacancies in Leeds and Glasgow. Have been invited for the assessment centre in Glasgow.
Reply 2
Good luck, hope it goes well. The end date for Newcastle one is today so hoping to hear from them next week 🤞🏼
Reply 3
How long did they take to get back to you?
Reply 4
I heard back not quite four weeks after closing date.... They had to delay the assessment centre a week so that may happen with Newcastle as well.
Reply 5
Oh wow, thanks... I would have waited anxiously otherwise
Original post by T_n95
Good luck, hope it goes well. The end date for Newcastle one is today so hoping to hear from them next week 🤞🏼

A week for a civil service job? I applied for my DM role in Feb 2019. Was interviewed in April and started in September. It may be a long wait
Reply 7
Which office are you based in?
Belfast
Reply 9
I applied for the one in Leeds end of Jan and have been invited to the assessment center next week. I do not suppose anyone has any experience or guidance on the 75 minute written test and if successful, the interview following?
Reply 10
Hey I passed the interview in Leeds on Thursday.
Reply 11
They told everyone on the day didn't they? So did you pass?
Reply 12
Original post by Musthe
Hey I passed the interview in Leeds on Thursday.

Well done that is great. Unfortunately I didn't get past the written exam. My first time doing one and struggled to be honest.
Hoping to get some feedback from them on it so I can take that into future ones.
Reply 13
Original post by Benb2k
Well done that is great. Unfortunately I didn't get past the written exam. My first time doing one and struggled to be honest.
Hoping to get some feedback from them on it so I can take that into future ones.

Yeah the next one is yours man!
Don't stop trying!
Reply 14
Original post by Musthe
Yeah the next one is yours man!
Don't stop trying!

Hey, any tips for assessment and interview?
Reply 15
Original post by T_n95
Hey, any tips for assessment and interview?

Yeah I'd say, know your competencies inside and out for both. If you know your competencies, when it comes to the assessment, you will know how to frame the answers to the question so it meets those competencies.
Then you should be fine
Reply 16
Congratulations
Original post by T_n95
Hey, has anyone else applied for the the home office job in Newcastle?

🙋*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending