The Student Room Group

236020 - Home Office Various EO roles (900 posts)

Thought I’d make a thread for this role as its quite a large recruit (900 posts) and haven’t seen one around.

I applied quite late so expect to hear back around December/January. Has anyone had their interview yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by d-m1
Thought I’d make a thread for this role as its quite a large recruit (900 posts) and haven’t seen one around.

I applied quite late so expect to hear back around December/January. Has anyone had their interview yet?

Hi is this for the customer service role?
I’ve also applied and have been invited for an interview
Reply 2
Original post by H.Noor
Hi is this for the customer service role?
I’ve also applied and have been invited for an interview

Yes it is for that role, congratulations! I’ve not heard back yet. Roughly how long before the deadline did you send your application?
Reply 3
Thank you :smile: I sent it off about approx 3 weeks before the closing date
Reply 4
Original post by H.Noor
Thank you :smile: I sent it off about approx 3 weeks before the closing date

Ah ok, you must have fallen under the first or second tranche. Did you have to complete the interview within a certain amount of time, or pick a date?
Reply 5
Original post by d-m1
Ah ok, you must have fallen under the first or second tranche. Did you have to complete the interview within a certain amount of time, or pick a date?

Yeah the whole process has about 5. Tranches I believe. So hopefully you should get a response at some point too. No they’ve just given me 7 days to complete so it’s not time bound
Reply 6
I also applied close to the closing date and haven't heard anything back.
Reply 7
Original post by Omolee

Hopefully you should in the upcoming week or so
Reply 8
Original post by Omolee

Original post by H.Noor

From what I remember, the last interviews are around end of December/January!
Reply 9
Original post by d-m1
From what I remember, the last interviews are around end of December/January!

Ok thanks for clarifying
Reply 10
Original post by H.Noor

Fingers crossed
Hi. I applied 2nd week of oct, and then was invited to do an interview on 26th Oct, which had to be done by 2nd November. Now waiting to hear back from them. Fingers crossed
Reply 12
Original post by AJCAHAUDHRY
Hi. I applied 2nd week of oct, and then was invited to do an interview on 26th Oct, which had to be done by 2nd November. Now waiting to hear back from them. Fingers crossed

Hi. Congratulations! Would be nice to know the outcome. How did you find the interview? Any tips as to what to revise?
Original post by H.Noor
Hi. Congratulations! Would be nice to know the outcome. How did you find the interview? Any tips as to what to revise?

Hi. Thanks I will keep you updated. The questions were not that difficult. There were 6 in total. The first one was, what do you like to do outside or work? The rest were questions about your strengths and weakness. How you would communicate effectively. Give scenarios of difficult situations and how you overcame that. Number 6 was to just show proof of document, and hold it against yourself. Good luck. Let me know if you get any progress :smile:
Reply 14
Hi. Thanks I will keep you updated. The questions were not that difficult. There were 6 in total. The first one was, what do you like to do outside or work? The rest were questions about your strengths and weakness. How you would communicate effectively. Give scenarios of difficult situations and how you overcame that. Number 6 was to just show proof of document, and hold it against yourself. Good luck. Let me know if you get any progress :smile:

Oh okay im planning on practising three answers for the three behaviours and hoping they ask me on them. I believe for the strengths you don’t need to answer. I’m making up answers using the STAR technique. Let’s see how it goes. :smile:
I applied for the following roles :

Home Office - Border Force Officer (September 2022)
Home Office - Customer services - Executive Officer (October 2022)
Home Office - customer services - Admin Officer (October 2022).

I did three different online assessments for all roles and I passed them all.I submitted my CV for BFO role, Personal Statements for EO (750 words) and AO (500 words). I was worried initially because it was my first time ever applying for civil service jobs. I was shortlisted for interviews in all three roles. I have done interviews for BFO and the Customer services EO roles. Still awaiting the outcomes of both interviews. I’m about to do the interview for the AO role.
Clearly, I’m doing something right. Too good to be true 😂
By the way, I graduated in 2007 and have been in full-time employment since then. Fifteen years is no joke.I’ve spent fourteen years in my current employment. Just looking to move on to something different really.
Original post by Ced4u

I did three different online assessments for all roles and I passed them all.I submitted my CV for BFO role, Personal Statements for EO (750 words) and AO (500 words). I was worried initially because it was my first time ever applying for civil service jobs. I was shortlisted for interviews in all three roles. I have done interviews for BFO and the Customer services EO roles. Still awaiting the outcomes of both interviews. I’m about to do the interview for the AO role.
By the way, I graduated in 2007 and have been in full-time employment since then. Fifteen years is no joke.I’ve spent fourteen years in my current employment. Just looking to move on to something different really.

Hi. Congratulations. Yes definitely your doing something right. Let me know how your AO interview goes, and what type of questions they ask. I'm thinking of applying for that to.
Hi. Congratulations. Yes definitely your doing something right. Let me know how your AO interview goes, and what type of questions they ask. I'm thinking of applying for that to.

Hello,

Thank you. Sure, I’ll let you know. I noticed the AO role has two behaviours that are different from the EO behaviours. I want the EO role more though. Just testing waters with the AO role.
Reply 18
Original post by Ced4u

Hi. Any chance you could shed some light insight into the EO interview? Would you say it was hard and what sort of questions did they ask you? The AO is a good opportunity too, I’m currently within the civil service but want to move to a different department. Home
office are doing a big recruitment. Hopefully we get the roles we want :smile:
Original post by H.Noor
Hi. Any chance you could shed some light insight into the EO interview? Would you say it was hard and what sort of questions did they ask you? The AO is a good opportunity too, I’m currently within the civil service but want to move to a different department. Home
office are doing a big recruitment. Hopefully we get the roles we want :smile:

Hi, I don’t know if I’m allowed to drop some questions here. I’m literally new on this forum. This platform wouldn’t let me send a personal message to you because I just created a profile yesterday.
For the EO, question 1 is to help you settle down (won’t be scored), questions 2 - 7 are strength and behavioural-based (6 questions in total and will be scored), questions 8 is holding your ID against yourself or beside your face, question 9 is for attaching and upload your ID before submitting.

There are three behavioural questions covering :

Making an Effective Decision (5 mins response)
Managing a Quality Service (5 mins response)
Communicating and Influencing (5 mins response)

There are three strength-based questions related to the above behaviours. You have to give two minutes response to each strength-based questions.

The strength-based questions you can’t prepare for. They are there to throw you off anyway. Some might find it hard and some might find it easy. That’s how interviews go. Everyone is different.
For me, the EO interview was alright not as hard as the Border Force which was about 14 questions - 12 of them were strength-based - and you have 5 secs to start your answers. There was absolutely no time to think at all. That was gut-wrenching 😂
I’m just hoping I’ve done enough to get a job offer. I actually want the Customer Services - EO role 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending