The Student Room Group

Home Office Asylum Decion Maker

Hi everyone,
I applied for the EO Home Office Asylum Decision Maker role in September 2023 and had my interview in October. I found out I passed my interview, but they are still reviewing my assessment results, so I was wondering if any of you have heard anything back. I have been waiting for 7 weeks now to hear back from them
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Juliette Warrick
Hi everyone, I applied for the EO Home Office Asylum Decision Maker role in September 2023 and had my interview in October. I found out I passed my interview, but they are still reviewing my assessment results, so I was wondering if any of you have heard anything back. I have been waiting for 7 weeks now to hear back from them Thanks
I’m in the same position, applied in September, interviewed in October and was told I was successful at interview the next day but I’ve heard nothing since!
I hope we hear back something soon
Reply 3
Hi guys,
Exactly the same like you two, I had my interview on the last day in October 2023. Got an email next day that I’ve been successful in passing the assessment day and they will be in touch with the next steps. Also, in that email on the end was info that they will asses my outcome. So I asked them what does mean and they said that it’s to determine if I will get an offer or will be placed on reserve list. Still waiting, Sent them an email yesterday and got the same response that my application is still being assessed. I know this takes ages as I work in Home office , but to wait so long for decision to be offered a position or placed on reserve list is a bit out of order.
Reply 4
Original post by Martha2105
Hi guys,
Exactly the same like you two, I had my interview on the last day in October 2023. Got an email next day that I’ve been successful in passing the assessment day and they will be in touch with the next steps. Also, in that email on the end was info that they will asses my outcome. So I asked them what does mean and they said that it’s to determine if I will get an offer or will be placed on reserve list. Still waiting, Sent them an email yesterday and got the same response that my application is still being assessed. I know this takes ages as I work in Home office , but to wait so long for decision to be offered a position or placed on reserve list is a bit out of order.

I was offered a position on Tuesday (9th Jan) so hopefully you hear something soon!
Reply 5
Original post by mrc1503
I was offered a position on Tuesday (9th Jan) so hopefully you hear something soon!

Oh brilliant! What office did you apply for? And did you have the same email saying that they will review the outcome? Thanks for response. I work in citizenship atm ,but it’s in Liverpool but I live in Manchester.
Reply 6
Original post by mrc1503

And what day was your interview?
Reply 7

And what day was your interview?

My interview was on 30/10 successful email on 31/10. Only had 1 reviewing email and heard nothing until I had an email on Tuesday about being offered the position in Stoke
Reply 8
Original post by mrc1503
My interview was on 30/10 successful email on 31/10. Only had 1 reviewing email and heard nothing until I had an email on Tuesday about being offered the position in Stoke

I had interview the same day as you!!! So hopefully they will be in touch soon. Is so annoying that waiting time. I just want to work a bit closer to my home. Can’t wait.
Original post by mrc1503

Right, so based on what you’re saying then I should’ve heard back before you then because I’ve had my interview a little earlier than you. But still, the fact that you got a response might mean that we’ll be receiving ours soon.
All the best in your new role, let me know if you’d like to connect on LinkedIn.
Right, so based on what you’re saying then I should’ve heard back before you then because I’ve had my interview a little earlier than you. But still, the fact that you got a response might mean that we’ll be receiving ours soon.
All the best in your new role, let me know if you’d like to connect on LinkedIn.

I was thinking the same that they could go in order of the interview date. If this is not the case then it may depends what office we applied for. However, this is a positive sign that they doing something. I didn’t expect decision after one week because I know home office takes ages to reply, but thought it will be a bit quicker since they are busy. My colleagues in my old passport office has been moved to asylum in September for certain time so I thought it will be quicker.
(edited 3 months ago)
I was thinking the same that they could go in order of the interview date. If this is not the case then it may depends what office we applied for. However, this is a positive sign that they doing something. I didn’t expect decision after one week because I know home office takes ages to reply, but thought it will be a bit quicker since they are busy. My colleagues in my old passport office has been moved to asylum in September for certain time so I thought it will be quicker.

Which office did you apply at?
Which office did you apply at?

Salford , Greater Manchester. And you?
Salford , Greater Manchester. And you?

Leeds office
Leeds office

Hopefully next week we will hear something
Hopefully next week we will hear something

Just wondering if you’ve heard anything from them yet?
Just wondering if you’ve heard anything from them yet?

Nothing. I spoke with my manager and he said that Home office got 6 months since the deadline to provide with start date. I don’t understand why this take so long. They could tell at least is if we got position or reserve list. In my case I don’t have to do pre employment checks or the counter terrorist checks.
Hey, just got an email. I will be placed on waiting list.
Hey, just got an email. I will be placed on waiting list.

Hey im in the exact same position as you applied in Sep for Salford and had interview in November next day got a successful email not had anything since except a update email. Today i received an email stating im on the reserve list, what are the chances of being offered a postion? literally quit my job for this :frown:
Original post by AuzairRaja777
Hey im in the exact same position as you applied in Sep for Salford and had interview in November next day got a successful email not had anything since except a update email. Today i received an email stating im on the reserve list, what are the chances of being offered a postion? literally quit my job for this :frown:

Hey, no idea how long we could wait! I spoke with someone from Asylum and they said that is very quiet now , I think they may need recruit spring or summer time again. You should not quit your job until you receive the conditional offer. It’s home office , they could contact us in a month time or few months time. Depends on recruitment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending