The Student Room Group

Pubs, clubs and bars have been asked to close

Volunteer Note: For advice, guidance and up-to-date information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, please check out the NHS, UK Government, and Mind (mental health) web-pages.

Pubs, clubs and bars have been asked to shut the doors.
What now?
Is London on the verge of a lockdown?

Scroll to see replies

These closures apply to the whole of the UK.
One, it was the entire UK where things need to close so if anything the UK would be locking-down, not just London. If people listen to the government's advice I do not think a lockdown will happen. But, so far people haven't been listening so a lockdown might have to happen.
Reply 3
They mention everything except clothing retail stores. I literally don't understand the logic.
No, these are UK wide measures, unhelpful title

(edited 4 years ago)
Whether we're on the verge of a lockdown or not is very much up for debate, but I personally think it could be necessary should health advice not be followed.
Lockdown very soon.
Original post by SnowMiku
Whether we're on the verge of a lockdown or not is very much up for debate, but I personally think it could be necessary should health advice not be followed.

That's the issue, right? The government, understandably, do not want to lockdown but if people keep being selfish and not social distancing etc they will have no choice.
Will burger king still be open?
Original post by XNO25MALE

If there's a full lockdown, then most likely no. Supermarkets yes, fast food no.

They're allowed to do online deliveries if that's any consolation.
Original post by TCA2b
They're allowed to do online deliveries if that's any consolation.

Original post by SnowMiku
If there's a full lockdown, then most likely no. Supermarkets yes, fast food no.

Reply 13
Original post by Xarao
They mention everything except clothing retail stores. I literally don't understand the logic.

Shops are also closing down, look at TKmaxx.
Original post by Xarao

I'm wondering that too, does that means I can still order from clothes stores online or would it be pointless?
does this mean there will be more food to go around in supermarkets, cash-and-carries and amazon now that pubs and restaurants won't be needing any supplies?
Original post by MyFightSong
does this mean there will be more food to go around in supermarkets, cash-and-carries and amazon now that pubs and restaurants won't be needing any supplies?

People panic-buying are absurd. The UK is able to produce its own food without disruption even if imports are limited. There is food available, just not stocked quick enough.
The closure of pubs should have happened over a week ago.

I suspect take away will, eat their no.

This attitude really frustrates me tho. Stay inside, avoid other people like the plague. If you have to be out for essential requirement and you happen to pass a Burger King then fine.

Everyone should be doing their bit for those over 65, those who are vulnerable (not to mention plenty of normal fine young people have asthma, diabetes, or may end up dying anyway).

of those who get the virus:
15% of those over 80 die
8% of those over 70
4% over 60
0-1% for everyone else
(assuming we can get people om ventilators and beds, if the peak is too fast these numbers may shoot up)

STOP BEING ****ING SELFISH THESE NUMBERS ARE HUGE

Yes I know you only asked about burger king, but I just think people should stay inside & follow the advice, a lot of this post is frustration (your post is just giving me the excuse to put this on here). People wont give a **** till its their grandparent, or their friend with diabetes dies and what this actually means hits home.
(edited 4 years ago)

Takeaway is open but sit-ins aren't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending