The Student Room Group

How would you feel if your driving instructor said you wont pass your test?

I mean like you were that bad and you had to give up. One of my instructors said it to me and it put me pretty down. People think you just go 'I cant drive but who cares' but no it really isnt that simple. Its going to be harder in life if you cant drive because public transport sucks.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean like you were that bad and you had to give up. One of my instructors said it to me and it put me pretty down. People think you just go 'I cant drive but who cares' but no it really isnt that simple. Its going to be harder in life if you cant drive because public transport sucks.

Assuming they werent vindictive I would ask why and see what my weaknesses were. If they were being truthful I would take it onboard and if I had lost faith in the instructor I would find a new one.

If I really wanted to learn then I would start again , find out the weak points and remedy them till I was ready for the test.
If you cant drive it can be inconvenient, but certainly not a crisis.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Assuming they werent vindictive I would ask why and see what my weaknesses were. If they were being truthful I would take it onboard and if I had lost faith in the instructor I would find a new one.

If I really wanted to learn then I would start again , find out the weak points and remedy them till I was ready for the test.
If you cant drive it can be inconvenient, but certainly not a crisis.

Its just when you start to work full time you are going to think you are the odd one out who cant drive and it will get depressing, thats what would happen with me. There was this teaching assistant who couldnt pass her driving test and she always had to get the bus home then one day I saw all the driving past her and i saw her breaking down because she probably felt like a blacksheep.
Its just when you start to work full time you are going to think you are the odd one out who cant drive and it will get depressing, thats what would happen with me. There was this teaching assistant who couldnt pass her driving test and she always had to get the bus home then one day I saw all the driving past her and i saw her breaking down because she probably felt like a blacksheep.

Not really, think of all the money you save and hassle you avoid.
If you were in London many people choose not to own a car.

You have a choice if its that important then put the work in and learn to drive.
Its really not a big deal unless your job actually depends on it or maybe you are isolated in the country.
Other than that you are being unduly pessimistic.
My instructor said that to me...I passed on my first go though :cool:

Tbf, you should ask where you are going wrong as many times, the instructor sees all the places where you are going wrong and you can improve on those points.

However, if during your lessons, your instructor isn't providing feedback or if you don't need his help whilst driving, I would say you should try to do the exam, but that's just my opinion.
Reply 5
My instructor said that to me...I passed on my first go though :cool:

Tbf, you should ask where you are going wrong as many times, the instructor sees all the places where you are going wrong and you can improve on those points.

However, if during your lessons, your instructor isn't providing feedback or if you don't need his help whilst driving, I would say you should try to do the exam, but that's just my opinion.

Well done

Quick Reply

Latest