The Student Room Group

Criminology based EPQ

Hi, so I'm will be starting sixth form in September,I have been advised to start doing some prep especially since we're all on lock down.
So I'd like to go to uni and study criminology or criminal justice to become a detective therfore would like to do my epq on that. I think my question will be: TO what extent is organised crime considered a sustainable career.

How should I start preping for this?? I have also chosen sociology English language and geography
Thanks for giving for any help sorry this is kinda long.
I am doing EPQ too ( in year 12). Make sure to check your question doesn’t clash with any of your subjects. If you can email the teachers you will have next year and ask.
For starting the EPQ try doing a mooc to understand what is needed and how to start to get the best grade. The University of Bath and University of Southhampton do them. They say it takes several weeks but you can do it within a couple of hours and it helps you make a start.
Reply 2
Original post by WarhurstE
I am doing EPQ too ( in year 12). Make sure to check your question doesn’t clash with any of your subjects. If you can email the teachers you will have next year and ask.
For starting the EPQ try doing a mooc to understand what is needed and how to start to get the best grade. The University of Bath and University of Southhampton do them. They say it takes several weeks but you can do it within a couple of hours and it helps you make a start.

Hi, thank you that was really helpful I have signed up to the one by the uni of bath, it looks like it will really help
What do you think about my title??
Original post by emily.g34
Hi, thank you that was really helpful I have signed up to the one by the uni of bath, it looks like it will really help
What do you think about my title??

For the qurstion i’m not sure it seems ok but i do not know enough about the field to make a full judgement.
A technique which i used for my question title is exploding the question. Write your question on a piece of A4 and then pick out each key word eg. for yours ‘organised crime’ ( what types?) ‘sustainable career’ ( financially, length) , ‘considered’ (by who). Annotate each word with as many variations as possible. Then you can see if you need to focus your question.
Reply 4
Original post by WarhurstE
For the qurstion i’m not sure it seems ok but i do not know enough about the field to make a full judgement.
A technique which i used for my question title is exploding the question. Write your question on a piece of A4 and then pick out each key word eg. for yours ‘organised crime’ ( what types?) ‘sustainable career’ ( financially, length) , ‘considered’ (by who). Annotate each word with as many variations as possible. Then you can see if you need to focus your question.

Thank you your advice has been really helpful, good luck on yours, what are you writing yours about

Quick Reply

Latest