The Student Room Group

University of Edinburgh vs BTEC and WJEC

I hope to study psychology at the University of Edinburgh however my current subjects are health and social care (btec), criminology (wjec) and psychology (a-level). Reading through their requirements I have realised that they accept btec/wjec as long as it is accompanied by 2 other a-levels. I wasn't aware that criminology was an extended diploma (wjec) before picking it and now I am wondering if my chances of getting into Edinburgh are ruined. Could someone please confirm or deny. I am also doing an EPQ if that changes anything.
Email Edinburgh and ask them.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Email Edinburgh and ask them.

thanks 🥲😂
Original post by naircosmeli
I hope to study psychology at the University of Edinburgh however my current subjects are health and social care (btec), criminology (wjec) and psychology (a-level). Reading through their requirements I have realised that they accept btec/wjec as long as it is accompanied by 2 other a-levels. I wasn't aware that criminology was an extended diploma (wjec) before picking it and now I am wondering if my chances of getting into Edinburgh are ruined. Could someone please confirm or deny. I am also doing an EPQ if that changes anything.

I emailed them before and they said they would accept criminology for the psychology course

Quick Reply

Latest