The Student Room Group

A-Levels

i’m looking at taking graphics, photography and criminology in college to become an interior designer, i chose criminology as it interests me not because it’s useful, is there something i should change it out for
Hi @jackdonez,

Although you have an interest for criminology, I'm not sure how related and applicable it will be when it comes to university applications, due to most universities requiring you to have art-related subjects to apply for a course like interior designing.

What other art-related a-levels does your college offer? I think a good viable option for your third a-level could potentially be either Art & Design or Design & Textiles as these subjects are a lot more relevant to interior designing.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Original post by jackdonez
i’m looking at taking graphics, photography and criminology in college to become an interior designer, i chose criminology as it interests me not because it’s useful, is there something i should change it out for

Note that the criminology course is not an A-level, it's a WJEC certificate and not all universities accept it as equal to an A-level. I would suggest checking the universities you may wish to apply to and see if they accept it first.

It may be less of an issue for a design based course though. Also worth looking into FAD courses which are geared specifically towards those aiming at studying art or design subjects at degree level.

Quick Reply

Latest