The Student Room Group

Court of Appeal Judicial Assistant Scheme 2020

I had a gander and it doesn't look like anyone started a thread on the Court of Appeal Judicial Assistant scheme for this year so I thought I would. I have no idea how the whole Coronavirus fiasco is going to affect it, but I'm hoping they do the interviews via video as I'm in Canada and there is no way I'm flying back for an interview. Equally I'm not sure when they'll get back to people, as the deadline for applications was on the 20th of March and I still haven't heard anything...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I suppose it's a waiting game.
my application status has changed to 'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.'

did you guy see this too? hopefully we should hear back soon :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by lawstudent1999
my application status has changed to 'Your application is currently on hold, and we will be in contact with you shortly to let you know the next stage of the recruitment process.'

did you guy see this too? hopefully we should hear back soon :smile:

I haven’t got this message, my status hasn’t changed since I applied :dontknow: Let me know what happens anyway aha.
Reply 4
Original post by TradLawyer
I haven’t got this message, my status hasn’t changed since I applied :dontknow: Let me know what happens anyway aha.

I haven't received this either. Still waiting for an update. Promising to see that some people have seen some changes. Hopefully we will all hear something soon.
Reply 5
Original post by Bar_
I haven't received this either. Still waiting for an update. Promising to see that some people have seen some changes. Hopefully we will all hear something soon.

I emailed them yesterday and they said that they were still waiting on the panel to sift my application. I'm guessing the Coronavirus situation is delaying everything, after all they probably all have more important things to do than JA recruitment aha.
I emailed them yesterday and they said that they were still waiting on the panel to sift my application. I'm guessing the Coronavirus situation is delaying everything, after all they probably all have more important things to do than JA recruitment aha.

that seems like good news! mine still say's that my application's on hold, and i haven't heard anything yet. I will let you know when I do hear something.
Reply 7
Hi all, I've applied for Court of Appeal JA roles too, as well as the JA roles in the Supreme Court. I've not heard / seen anything change on either application so far either, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Especially given the interviews for both are apparently being held in the w/c 18 May, but I'm guessing that must be being pushed back, unless they're planning to do the interviews remotely!
Reply 8
I had a gander and it doesn't look like anyone started a thread on the Court of Appeal Judicial Assistant scheme for this year so I thought I would. I have no idea how the whole Coronavirus fiasco is going to affect it, but I'm hoping they do the interviews via video as I'm in Canada and there is no way I'm flying back for an interview. Equally I'm not sure when they'll get back to people, as the deadline for applications was on the 20th of March and I still haven't heard anything...

You would have real trouble getting a flight anywhere at the moment!
Reply 9
Original post by HDY1231
Hi all, I've applied for Court of Appeal JA roles too, as well as the JA roles in the Supreme Court. I've not heard / seen anything change on either application so far either, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Especially given the interviews for both are apparently being held in the w/c 18 May, but I'm guessing that must be being pushed back, unless they're planning to do the interviews remotely!

Your guess is as good as mine, I am guessing this isn't exactly a priority at the moment but it would be nice if they at least give us an update...
Original post by mgi
You would have real trouble getting a flight anywhere at the moment!

The US is about the only place I could go and the border is closed until at least the 21st of May... I asked them to consider a video interview in my case anyway so we will see what happens.
Reply 11
The US is about the only place I could go and the border is closed until at least the 21st of May... I asked them to consider a video interview in my case anyway so we will see what happens.

Hopefully, they will do a video interview. While you are waiting you could prepare for it in anticipation.
I've still got:

"Thank you for applying. Your application has been successfully stored onto our database and will be processed shortly."

I reckon interviews will be remote. In which case they will probably keep them the w/c 18th May meaning that we should know within the next 2 weeks.
Original post by ElinorandtheLaw
I've still got:

"Thank you for applying. Your application has been successfully stored onto our database and will be processed shortly."

I reckon interviews will be remote. In which case they will probably keep them the w/c 18th May meaning that we should know within the next 2 weeks.

Same, well they better tell us sooner than 2 weeks. Bit of a shambles to be honest.
Reply 14
Original post by ElinorandtheLaw
I've still got:

Mine still has the same status too. Might be worth mentioning that I applied for the JA role a few years back as I was coming out of uni, and my status changed to being on hold a couple of weeks after applying, then got an email saying I was unsuccessful a few weeks after that - which wasn't a surprise given how bad that app was.

Point being I'm not sure it's worth reading into the status, because getting a change may not be a good thing based on my own experience, but who knows. So I think it's just best to sit and wait for the outcome via email, at least that's what I'm trying to do.
Original post by ard1246
I imagine in the midst of rona and having to move all the courts online they're running behind schedule with sifting applications as everyone's having to work remotely now. They'll probably have to push interviews back

Totally true, still wouldn't cost much to communicate this to people...
Emailed them yesterday as I already have offers elsewhere and they told me they are still waiting on a decision from the panel. I honestly think I might just withdraw my application :banghead:
Reply 17
Emailed them yesterday as I already have offers elsewhere and they told me they are still waiting on a decision from the panel. I honestly think I might just withdraw my application :banghead:

Yes. And then just look at the other offers rather than waste your time.
Original post by mgi
Yes. And then just look at the other offers rather than waste your time.

Exactly
Reply 19

I wonder who makes up this illustrious 'panel'? If it's just a few civil servant recruitment managers (which I guess is probably the case), with little to no input from the judges themselves, then working from home or not, I don't see how it can cause much if any delay but maybe I'm being too critical...

And I agree with the guys above - I wouldn't turn down other opportunities for this given they could just reject us anyway. Personally I'd just make plans as if it's not going to happen and if it does then cross that bridge if it comes to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending