The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Is it hard to get a room in UAL Halls?

I’ve already applied for UAL accommodations however didn’t get an offer on the first round. How likely is it to get one of your choices?

At the moment it is only open to those who have placed their firm offer so there are still quite a few rounds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Aliiesha
I’ve already applied for UAL accommodations however didn’t get an offer on the first round. How likely is it to get one of your choices?

At the moment it is only open to those who have placed their firm offer so there are still quite a few rounds

I just got an offer this morning, but it wasn't any of my choices and was about as far away from my college as possible so id say its quite difficult? Im not happy at all with my hall and was gonna look into flat sharing with some other ual/lcc students.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by caoimeb
I just got an offer this morning, but it wasn't any of my choices and was about as far away from my college as possible so id say its quite difficult? Im not happy at all with my hall and was gonna look into flat sharing with some other ual/lcc students.

Yeah I’m kinda worried, I didn’t get an offer at all today even though I applied quite early and none of the other halls are possible for me. When did you apply?
Reply 3
Yeah I’m kinda worried, I didn’t get an offer at all today even though I applied quite early and none of the other halls are possible for me. When did you apply?

I applied maybe two weeks ago? when did you apply?
Reply 4
Original post by caoimeb
I applied maybe two weeks ago? when did you apply?

Around the same time, I’m hoping that’ll give me more of a chance for the next round but I’m going to start looking for any back up accommodation
Reply 5
Around the same time, I’m hoping that’ll give me more of a chance for the next round but I’m going to start looking for any back up accommodation

good plan, imma try again the next round. What course are you gonna do?
I applied as soon as applications opened, I'm supposed to be getting an offer today but I haven't heard yet. I'll let you know when I do! Where did you guys go for? My top choice is Highline but I'd be happy with Glassyard too
Reply 7
Original post by Rennaofravenwood
I applied as soon as applications opened, I'm supposed to be getting an offer today but I haven't heard yet. I'll let you know when I do! Where did you guys go for? My top choice is Highline but I'd be happy with Glassyard too

my top pick was highline too, id also be happy with glass yard or Portland. good luck! hope you get it
Original post by caoimeb
my top pick was highline too, id also be happy with glass yard or Portland. good luck! hope you get it

Thank you! Where did they give you in the end?
Reply 9
Thank you! Where did they give you in the end?

the costume house, I don't really know if I'm going to accept it though, it very far away from LCC and I'm not from a city or even England so idk, I might end up trying to flat share? or maybe reapply?
Oh wow that's ages away :/ At least public transport in London is excellent. I'm going to have a 45 minute commute at least because there isn't a lot of accommodation near Wimbledon. I don't think you can re-apply though. Everything I read said you only get one application per year.
Reply 11

My top is highline, then gardens house or sketch house!
Reply 12
Oh wow that's ages away :/ At least public transport in London is excellent. I'm going to have a 45 minute commute at least because there isn't a lot of accommodation near Wimbledon. I don't think you can re-apply though. Everything I read said you only get one application per year.

gosh thats a longgg commute. ill look into reapplying now, kinda sucks if thats the case :/ thank you so much though!
Reply 13
Original post by caoimeb
good plan, imma try again the next round. What course are you gonna do?

Graphic and media design, you?
Original post by caoimeb
gosh thats a longgg commute. ill look into reapplying now, kinda sucks if thats the case :/ thank you so much though!

I hope you get somewhere good!
Reply 15
Original post by caoimeb
the costume house, I don't really know if I'm going to accept it though, it very far away from LCC and I'm not from a city or even England so idk, I might end up trying to flat share? or maybe reapply?

There are loads of other halls around London which is good, plus private student renting which is worth looking into because the costume store is east London and quite a way away
Reply 16
Graphic and media design, you?

Design for branded spaces, you going to LCC?
Reply 17
There are loads of other halls around London which is good, plus private student renting which is worth looking into because the costume store is east London and quite a way away

yeah I'm looking into both of them, really dot want to commute that long every day ahahah.
Reply 18
I hope you get somewhere good!

you too!!
Original post by caoimeb
yeah I'm looking into both of them, really dot want to commute that long every day ahahah.

Yeah it's long! I think it might be pretty standard in London though sadly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending