The Student Room Group

A level enrollement

I just got my gcse result. unfortunately I failed English language apart this I Pass everything. In maths I got 7. So I am bit confused about my next year course. Can I do A level accounting course?
(edited 4 years ago)
Many schools have English and maths requirements but since you done well in English, talk to your school whenever you can ask whether or not they’ll allow you to do accounting

Flash :smile:
Original post by sagarsharma
I just got my gcse result. unfortunately I failed English language apart this I Pass everything. In maths I got 7. So I am bit confused about my next year course. Can I do A level accounting course?

Firstly, I'd ring up your college in the morning to discuss whether you're still able to take accounting. Since you got a 7 in maths, they may be more likely to keep your course place. However, since English language is compulsory, you're going to have to re-take it at college. Overall, I suggest contacting your college as soon as possible to see what your options are.
Reply 3
Original post by Flashsav
Many schools have English and maths requirements but since you done well in English, talk to your school whenever you can ask whether or not they’ll allow you to do accounting

Thaks flash but I have one more question if u know abt that . Assume if they put me for level 2 course at the moment than do I need to do that couse for whole year or can I do A level when I pass my Gcse English in November(gcse resit)
Reply 4
Original post by TotallyWilde
Firstly, I'd ring up your college in the morning to discuss whether you're still able to take accounting. Since you got a 7 in maths, they may be more likely to keep your course place. However, since English language is compulsory, you're going to have to re-take it at college. Overall, I suggest contacting your college as soon as possible to see what your options are.

Thaks but I have one more question if u know abt that . Assume if they put me for level 2 course at the moment than do I need to do that couse for whole year or can I do A level when I pass my Gcse English in November(gcse resit)
Thaks flash but I have one more question if u know abt that . Assume if they put me for level 2 course at the moment than do I need to do that couse for whole year or can I do A level when I pass my Gcse English in November(gcse resit)

I can’t be certain in your school but in my school you drop it after you pass in November so that should be the norm. ( Good luck !!)

Thaks but I have one more question if u know abt that . Assume if they put me for level 2 course at the moment than do I need to do that couse for whole year or can I do A level when I pass my Gcse English in November(gcse resit)

It's be too late to start A levels in January when the resit results are released. Hopefully you can take a resit alongside your A levels
You will have to resit English, but your college might let you do A levels at the same time. This would depend on how good your results were overall, and how relevant they are to English. This would mean you have a GCSE English lesson in your timetable along with your A levels.

You'd still be doing your accounting course alongside the English re-take since it would be too late for them to make you start it after your resit. Good luck!
Reply 9
My situation right now is likely the same as you, so can i ask how was your life right now, what A-level are you doing and how do you do it ? Please answer me i really need help🥺🥺🥺
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Kai Hope
My situation right now is likely the same as you, so can i ask how was your life right now, what A-level are you doing and how do you do it ? Please answer me i really need help🥺🥺🥺

If I were in your position, I'd apply for Sixth Form/whatever course you'd like to do & request to resit English at the same time.
(edited 3 years ago)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AM.TSR
If I were in your position, I'd apply for Sixth Form/whatever course you'd like to do & request to resit English at the same time.

Can i ask you for some more help, I don’t understand how the resit exams work, is it work for only in sixth form? How about the college? Can i ask to resit the exam in the college as well? And is it that if you want to do A-level you need to pass grade 4 in english so can you please explain it to me and thank you if you were answering me 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🥺🥺
Can i ask you for some more help, I don’t understand how the resit exams work, is it work for only in sixth form? How about the college? Can i ask to resit the exam in the college as well? And is it that if you want to do A-level you need to pass grade 4 in english so can you please explain it to me and thank you if you were answering me 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🥺🥺

I'm pretty sure that colleges would allow you to resit English too, you'd just have to contact them via email or phone beforehand to make sure. Most employers, apprenticeships and university courses require a pass in GCSE Maths & English. What would you like to do at college, and what would you hope to do afterwards?
(edited 3 years ago)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AM.TSR
I'm pretty sure that colleges would allow you to resit English too, you'd just have to contact them via email or phone beforehand to make sure. Most employers, apprenticeships and university courses require a pass in GCSE Maths & English. What would you like to do at college, and what would you hope to do afterwards?

I want to do A-level Maths,Art and Product design but to do A-level it said i must need a minimum of grade 4 for English and Maths, but i just want to find someway to do A-level just for if my English result might be below than 4 and i just know that you can resit your exam if you fail your exam, and i want to be an architecture or maybe some kind of designer.
I want to do A-level Maths,Art and Product design but to do A-level it said i must need a minimum of grade 4 for English and Maths, but i just want to find someway to do A-level just for if my English result might be below than 4 and i just know that you can resit your exam if you fail your exam, and i want to be an architecture or maybe some kind of designer.

It's up to the sixth from you go to but you will probably be able to take those A levels while also re-sitting GCSE English Langauge.

Quick Reply

Latest