The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do

So, due to reasons I won't get into I never sat my GCSE exams, so I'm going to my local college (completing enrollment next Wednesday), but was hoping I'd be able to get another 1 or 2 courses on top to get a head start with what I wanna do next, (music, music industry A levels to be exact), I've found a course for it that sounds EXACTLY like what I'm looking for, and it isn't pricey at all, the only caveat is that the college is in Hereford, not a problem at all I can cover all the costs and I don't have a problem with moving if that's what I end up doing, but what do I do about my current college plan? do I take those courses at Hereford instead? or should i finish my GCSE qualifications and then take a shot at the Hereford college? if i can take my English & Maths at Hereford then of course I'll do that, but if not then I'm kinda out of luck I feel
Reply 1
Hi, I did an Access course last year, and around half of the class needed GCSEs. All over 25.

If you have not enrolled yet, stop and have a think. Once you enrol you become liable for fees. You sound so excited and passionate about the course at Hereford. Chase that passion.

Caution:Call and ask how many have enrolled already. Is there a chance it can get cancelled if not enough people sign up? The reason I warn this, is I wanted to study something very niche, but less than 8 people signed up and it got cancelled 2 months in by department.
Reply 2
Original post by cixx
So, due to reasons I won't get into I never sat my GCSE exams, so I'm going to my local college (completing enrollment next Wednesday), but was hoping I'd be able to get another 1 or 2 courses on top to get a head start with what I wanna do next, (music, music industry A levels to be exact), I've found a course for it that sounds EXACTLY like what I'm looking for, and it isn't pricey at all, the only caveat is that the college is in Hereford, not a problem at all I can cover all the costs and I don't have a problem with moving if that's what I end up doing, but what do I do about my current college plan? do I take those courses at Hereford instead? or should i finish my GCSE qualifications and then take a shot at the Hereford college? if i can take my English & Maths at Hereford then of course I'll do that, but if not then I'm kinda out of luck I feel

Yes you need to talk to the college (Hereford)about everything.I would also ask what board the GCSE"sare and take a look at how much overlap there is.Go and visit before to you sign up too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending