The Student Room Group

Clothing help!!

Hi!

So I’m a Size 10/12 in most places - more likely a 10.

The problem I have is I have a smaller waist but quite wide hips.

Does anyone have any clothing which would flatter my figure? Or places that would sell clothes that would fit both my hips and waist?

I always end up sizing up - especially in jeans. But it’s so annoying because to get jeans over my bum, I have to size up and that makes skinny jeans not fit the rest of my legs like skinny jeans.

Any help? 😂

Scroll to see replies

I have a similar problem but with jeans. My waist is like a 28 but legs about 34 so it's hard to find them together. I also have to get skinny jeans and even then they're baggy on me :biggrin:
Original post by georgeparasol12
I have a similar problem but with jeans. My waist is like a 28 but legs about 34 so it's hard to find them together. I also have to get skinny jeans and even then they're baggy on me :biggrin:

Yes I’m the exact same!! It’s so frustrating haha
Honestly! I have to wear a belt with all my jeans because I have to size up so that they fit my thighs haha
Reply 4
Do you not like wearing skirts/shorts? They could solve the problem.
Original post by pepsimaxcherry
Yes I’m the exact same!! It’s so frustrating haha

Primark is the worst place to go to, idk about the women's section but in the men's there's like nothing there. And if I can find jeans that fit they'll be in something minging like green.
I'm thinking of ordering my next ones online if possible, there'll be more choice I think :smile:
Reply 6
Hi!

Does anyone have any clothing which would flatter my figure? Or places that would sell clothes that would fit both my hips and waist?

I always end up sizing up - especially in jeans. But it’s so annoying because to get jeans over my bum, I have to size up and that makes skinny jeans not fit the rest of my legs like skinny jeans.

Any help? 😂

ooh ooh ooh!
I have a very similar problem, except I have a long torso but I find it hard to find jeans as well.
I love the brand Lucy and Yak😄 They are quite expensive but are ethical and sustainable which I really support, I will got some jeans from there that fit me really well, as well as I think they're coming out with some new jeans as well!
hope I could be of some help xx
Original post by Squirmz
Do you not like wearing skirts/shorts? They could solve the problem.

Have the same issue. Have to size up so they fit my thighs/hips but then they’re too baggy on the waist haha
Original post by georgeparasol12
Primark is the worst place to go to, idk about the women's section but in the men's there's like nothing there. And if I can find jeans that fit they'll be in something minging like green.
I'm thinking of ordering my next ones online if possible, there'll be more choice I think :smile:

So true! Good luck!! :smile:
Original post by Acl#28
ooh ooh ooh!
I have a very similar problem, except I have a long torso but I find it hard to find jeans as well.
I love the brand Lucy and Yak😄 They are quite expensive but are ethical and sustainable which I really support, I will got some jeans from there that fit me really well, as well as I think they're coming out with some new jeans as well!
hope I could be of some help xx

I LOVE LUCY AND YAK!!! Absolutely love their stuff, currently saving up so I can finally buy some of their stuff haha!!
Reply 10
I LOVE LUCY AND YAK!!! Absolutely love their stuff, currently saving up so I can finally buy some of their stuff haha!!

Great!!!!!
ahh thank you! I tried regular hollister jeans in the past and they just weren’t flattering but I’ll definitely check out the curve ones!
Have the same issue. Have to size up so they fit my thighs/hips but then they’re too baggy on the waist haha

If you have the extra cash to spend you can always get one ‘tailored’ lol
Original post by Squirmz
If you have the extra cash to spend you can always get one ‘tailored’ lol

Haha I end up sewing them myself as I know how hah! Just would be nice to buy something that fits perfectly haha :smile:
Haha I end up sewing them myself as I know how hah! Just would be nice to buy something that fits perfectly haha :smile:

I see what you mean. I have some issues with my legs fitting into things.
Original post by Squirmz
I see what you mean. I have some issues with my legs fitting into things.

It’s frustrating, I mean I’m lucky I can find things that work and I’m grateful for it haha. But it would be nice to have things that fit perfectly haha!
It’s frustrating, I mean I’m lucky I can find things that work and I’m grateful for it haha. But it would be nice to have things that fit perfectly haha!

I was told that more expensive jeans tend to fit better. I wear a belt usually and that helps but it might not work for you (plus belts aren’t really popular for girls)
Original post by Squirmz
I was told that more expensive jeans tend to fit better. I wear a belt usually and that helps but it might not work for you (plus belts aren’t really popular for girls)

Yeah that’s true haha
Hi!

Any help? 😂

Jeggings? Idk
Topshop is really good, so is Asos for some things (especially jeans)

Quick Reply

Latest