The Student Room Group

Ironing drives me mad

Is there a better way to ironing? It drives me mad doing this every Sunday, so am asking if anybody has tips to have nice(ish) clothes without having to iron?
Reply 1
don't be lazy, iron your clothes. it's not so energy intensive.
Reply 2
I pay someone 20 quid to do all my ironing.
That's why I don't iron, ever :biggrin:
Reply 4
My dad has what he called a Propress MINI steamer. Anyway he keeps telling me to use as it is quick and relatively painless. What does others think please?
(edited 10 months ago)
non iron shirts
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
That's why I don't iron, ever :biggrin:

:five:
I iron at least once a week as I wear formal men's shirts to work.

I found the quickest way is to have the shirts fresh from the washing machine so slightly wet/damp. This steams them and also dries them as you are doing it.

If you need to hang your shirts up to dry before ironing the best way is to give them a quick shake before hanging them up as it helps some of the creases to fall out.

The only place you want a crease is on the sleeve.
I only iron if the boys need smart shirts doing. Otherwise no, I don't iron
Reply 9
Original post by Seb23
My dad has what he called a Propress MINI steamer. Anyway he keeps telling me to use as it is quick and relatively painless. What does others think please?[/Q

Your dad is aiding and abetting your laziness and immaturity. He is what is called an enabler. Stick to ironing your clothes the good old traditional way. Everything is not meant to be done speedily. Ironing your clothes can be a most meditative and stress-relieving exercise. Put your big-boy pants on, mister.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Seb23
My dad has what he called a Propress MINI steamer. Anyway he keeps telling me to use as it is quick and relatively painless. What does others think please?

Your dad is aiding and abetting your laziness and immaturity. He is what is called an enabler. Stick to ironing your clothes the good old traditional way. Everything is not meant to be done speedily. Ironing your clothes can be a most meditative and stress-relieving exercise. Put your big-boy pants on, mister.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending