The Student Room Group

Constantly anxious, depressed

Since having to come back home from the university due to the pandemic, I have been anxious and depressed. Chose to delay completing my university course until August to get some breathing space. I have little motivation to finish my course and in general, I don't enjoy life anymore at all. My independence has been ripped away and I'm constantly being pestered by family about getting a relationship etc. I have little hope for the future. Would be interested to hear from others who have been in a similar situation? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Since having to come back home from the university due to the pandemic, I have been anxious and depressed. Chose to delay completing my university course until August to get some breathing space. I have little motivation to finish my course and in general, I don't enjoy life anymore at all. My independence has been ripped away and I'm constantly being pestered by family about getting a relationship etc. I have little hope for the future. Would be interested to hear from others who have been in a similar situation? Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this, I definitely feel the same most days and it's really hard to get your head straight or to motivate myself to get moving again!

I think it's probably the same for a lot of people, the pandemic has caused things to go completely the wrong direction to what I imagined the summer would be like and for you, it's the added pressure of family and the situation you are in.

If possible, think of why you chose to start the course you are on, what do you want to get out of it and that you haven't got much left to do! Try and do one small task each day and build on it.. don't out to much pressure on yourself!

I wish I had the answer and knew how to get the motivation back! I wish you all the best!
Reply 2
Original post by Abzzz57
Hi, I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this, I definitely feel the same most days and it's really hard to get your head straight or to motivate myself to get moving again!

I think it's probably the same for a lot of people, the pandemic has caused things to go completely the wrong direction to what I imagined the summer would be like and for you, it's the added pressure of family and the situation you are in.

If possible, think of why you chose to start the course you are on, what do you want to get out of it and that you haven't got much left to do! Try and do one small task each day and build on it.. don't out to much pressure on yourself!

I wish I had the answer and knew how to get the motivation back! I wish you all the best!

Thank you and hope you are feeling better soon. Probably a combination of the uncertainty of the pandemic plus usual stresses just amplifies everything. Little steps seems a good approach at the moment and living each day at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest